PDA

View Full Version : Where is Birch?

fourty12
12-03-2009, 09:49 AM
I am at Burnstick Lale by Sundre and want to find Birch Lake. Any directions would be great. Thanks.

tbosch
12-03-2009, 10:15 AM
I haven't been there myself but I happened to have the alberta fishing guide beside me in my office. This is the directions quoted " Travel 3km west of caroline on hwy 54 to burnstick l turnoff then 12 km south to oil road that heads west to within 100m of lake.

Hope this helps. You are close to birch where you're at

AlbertaAngler
12-03-2009, 10:20 AM
It's approximately 2 kms north east from the north shore of burnstick. From the intersection at the north end of the burnstick lake road and the road that takes you to the west side go 1 km east then turn left (north) should lead you in. I've never been to birch I'm just going off of ozi explorer for you

nicemustang
12-03-2009, 10:25 AM
There is a sign to turn to a look out point that has birch lake on it as well if you are heading south from caroline on the burnstick lake road. Turn there, travel up that road keeping left when the road splits, then down that road about 2 or 3 kms i think. Then it opens up and there is some cut trees and an old oil pump, park there and the lake is just south of that.

fourty12
12-06-2009, 08:18 AM
Thanks guys. Directions were perfect. Caught a nice brookie to end the day.

#1Hunter
12-21-2009, 11:10 PM
They Are Bigger this year then last maybe a pound or 2 more nice size..... now they got a little road going in there much better.....