PDA

View Full Version : Burntstick or Dickson

fish on
12-04-2009, 11:31 PM
Just wondering how everyone made out at burntstick or dickson. There were a few threads going around and just wondering how thick the ice is, and how the fishing was. I just want to make sure before i drive two hours it wont be a teaser.

go-big-or-go-home
12-04-2009, 11:51 PM
im not to sure bout either but buddy and i are heading out to burnstick tomorrow, ice should deff be think enough so we are for sure gunna give her a go

hard_azz
12-05-2009, 07:59 AM
yes we r gonna giver a go.... just gotta figure out were those dam drop offs r that r supposed to be holding all the perch

fish on
12-05-2009, 04:53 PM
im just itch'n baddddddddddddddddddd want see those perch school around the cam and let the maggots do the rest have you heard of a hali jig check them out a true perch killer. It's a vertical spoon almost like a buzz bomb with a chain and a small snelled hook works great but hard to find. Let me know how it went pics too just to really get the motor running

WayneChristie
12-05-2009, 05:19 PM
im just itch'n baddddddddddddddddddd want see those perch school around the cam and let the maggots do the rest have you heard of a hali jig check them out a true perch killer. It's a vertical spoon almost like a buzz bomb with a chain and a small snelled hook works great but hard to find. Let me know how it went pics too just to really get the motor running

you sound like me, My gear is by the door and Im walking the halls waiting for the frikkin wind to stop. guess I will have to wait til morning now. :mad3:

go-big-or-go-home
12-05-2009, 05:31 PM
buddy and i went today to burnstick, kinda a crappy day but still got'er done. out for bout 4.5hrs and probley pulled in bout 40 perch but thats it, no trophys today lol (it took off back down the hole dont worry lol)

WayneChristie
12-05-2009, 05:42 PM
buddy and i went today to burnstick, kinda a crappy day but still got'er done. out for bout 4.5hrs and probley pulled in bout 40 perch but thats it, no trophys today lol (it took off back down the hole dont worry lol)

guess you went home eh? :evilgrin: thats about the size from Enchant Pond or even bigger than the average perch from there, get some awesome numbers but not a lot of size. I wish F and W would abandon the limit there so we could clean them out and get some growth!

StrayArc
12-05-2009, 09:14 PM
How was the ice there? was gonna battle the storm today but both cars were snowed in and don't have a 4x4 :confused:

go-big-or-go-home
12-05-2009, 09:41 PM
lol on the way there we seen lots of vehicals the snow had claimed hahaha. but ya, bouts 6inch for sure

fish on
12-06-2009, 06:49 PM
sometimes when there is more action i enjoy it more.Sitting an Sylvan for 6 hours and only some whites and a pike. Perch steady will be a good way to start the season. How was the clarity of the water murky or clear. Just want to know if a cam is worth while to bring

go-big-or-go-home
12-06-2009, 07:31 PM
ah boo that would be a long day of sittin lol, we where at a spot that was bout 25 feet or so, u couldnt see ur hook, all by feel, but it was fairly clear