PDA

View Full Version : Sub-Zero 4 man pop-up hut manufacturer??

nicemustang
12-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Hey all, I'm looking to find out the manufacturer phone number for the Sub-Zero 4 man tent. I searched the net but came up empty handed. Any help is appreciated.

Mudslide
12-07-2009, 12:22 PM
I'm pretty sure they are made by Eastman. Don't have the contact info.

AlbertaAngler
12-07-2009, 01:01 PM
I found this in an old post

I bought a Sub-Zero 4 man at Cdn Tire this year - the instructions are on a piece of material sewn into the carry bag. At the bottom it says Eastman and gives the Eastman address... (?). Same factory in China maybe? Sub-zero simply the Canadian importer?

So far I think it's just fine - easy to set-up and take down although the stress on the needle holes from the stitching make me wonder how long it will last (I'll find out ha ha).

No problems in moderate winds with set-up or take down.

Holds the heat well (it's a tent though) and you sure can tell when the sun is out - the black picks up the solar power just fine!

Lightweight and easy to pack and transport ++++

Gorilla blinds now makes the ice cube

http://dev.gorillablinds.com/cms/content/ice-cube

nicemustang
12-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Oh good point...I'll check my tags. We have an ice cube and a sub zero. The zippers on the sub-zero are less than par, way worse that ice cube. But we have two broken rods on the sub-zero. If we can get it fixed, I could sell the sub zero.

AlbertaAngler
12-07-2009, 01:26 PM
So sub zero = sub par (sorry couldn't help it)

Would the poles from an ice cube work?

Also found this

Contact number for repairs for cube or sub zero is 810-733-6360

Anyways good luck, I use to have the smaller ice cube but I had to sell it before I could upgrade (got a new clam base camp from BPS for only an extra $10 on top of what I sold my cube for)

nicemustang
12-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Not sure really. I haven't set them both up to compare how similar they are. Sub zero should be replacing my poles for free.

Joe Fehr
12-08-2009, 03:32 PM
This the response I got from Gorrilla Blinds today for replacement parts for my Ice Cube!

Thank you for contacting us. We do have replacement pole for $15.00 a set. These can be purchased with any major credit or debit card. Please call customer service at 800-241-4833.

Thank you

Eastman Outdoors

bsnyder
12-09-2009, 06:48 AM
:wave:Ive been looking at a 4 person clam ( shelter:D ) looks great, looks real roomy and easy to set up:D

calgarygringo
12-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Did a search and according to a website I came across this is where they coming from. Give it a try.
http://www.maurice.net/Index.aspx

Extreme Fishing
01-05-2010, 04:25 PM
Hey guys, new to this site....looks alright!!!. Wanted to put my two cents in about the pop up tents. I have two of them, the first is the 4 man, black "Eastman outdoors tent" I've had it for 6 years now. There are a few small issues, windows breaking....yeah, zipper issues.....yeah here and there, but.....it's awsome!! I beat the hell out of mine....it rides hours in the bottom of the sleigh over rock hard snow and when it's 50 below the windows don't hold up.....for me what will? Have the 6 man (red) Eskimo as well, windows are on velcro and the tent material is a bit different. All in all there are no poles to assemble, they are rugged and quick to set up!!
Having said this.....my old girl needs new poles. I've been machining new ends for the poles but they are breaking more and more now and I'm looking to replace all, hopefully the phone number on this site will direct me to the right people!
Anyway I've had this tent in Churchill MB in the most extreme winds, snow and ice, heated them with propane and wood stoves...love it....and thats how we roll!!
Take care

Crusty
01-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Here's the number. 1-800-267-5770. Let me know how you make out or if I can help further.