PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Lake

goldentrout
12-10-2009, 12:01 PM
So has anyone caught a fish here in the last 4 years. (the eagle lake by Strathmore) I mean. We used to catch lots but havent seen a single fish in years.

nicemustang
12-10-2009, 12:14 PM
Same old story. Don't think there is much in there these days, too shallow and this year I noticed it was incredibly WAAAYYY down. Although never fish it to know for sure, big waste of time IMO.

loopyalcsel
12-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Fished it hard last ice season with minimal results. Tried again this summer and could barely get the boat through the weeds. I know there are some monsters in there but they are stubborn like my old man and going to Travers. Better just to go to Chestermere or CVR if your in that neighborhood.

grant
12-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Fished it twice last ice season. Skunked the first day. Caught one 32" pike on the second day. I was fishing west side about 40 feet in from the boat launch.

I wont be going back this year....

pecker
12-10-2009, 08:03 PM
Fished it twice last ice season. Skunked the first day. Caught one 32" pike on the second day. I was fishing west side about 40 feet in from the boat launch.

I wont be going back this year....

fished it a few years back off off the old railway track burm. it's a cesspool. weeds algae & scum . haven't been back since. :rolleye2::(