PDA

View Full Version : Snow on Gull or Pigeon

saltwater cowboy
12-13-2009, 11:23 PM
Hey guys, going out to Gull or Pigeon on Thursday. Don't feel like taking the truck on the ice quite yet. Anyone been out there yet?Do I need the sled or will the quad be OK for snow conditions? I usually go on Gull on the north east side at the RV park or Pigeon on the south west side by the graveyard. I would rather the quad as I can put it on the trailer and then pull it behind the quad, don't have my komatik started yet for the sled.
First trip of the year !!!!:D
Salty

Hunter Trav
12-14-2009, 11:14 AM
I was out on brownlows yesterday, there was a guy cruzing around in his side by side polaris. I talked to him for a minute, and he said there were some spots that had water on top of the ice that you had to watch for. Other than that he seemed to be getting around pretty well. Might find the occasional drift that will be a little to much to go through, but you should be ok.

Bear Ballz
12-14-2009, 06:03 PM
was out at pigeon yesterday afternoon cruising around and somebody fell through with there truck right at the boat launch at the provincial park

Built4life
12-14-2009, 06:13 PM
lost his truck eh?? wow - know of any pics???:ashamed:

latenite
12-14-2009, 06:20 PM
there was water on gull today???? in -30 weather, wierd.

Bear Ballz
12-14-2009, 07:42 PM
the truck wasnt lost, just fell through maybe 60' out and pulled back. With the lake being so low that was probably only about 6" of water

saltwater cowboy
12-14-2009, 09:23 PM
guy got lucky to be able to back his truck out!!! To far out from the shore to walk where I go so I think I should be safe with the quad and trailer. Probably no more than 1300 lbs with quad,trailer,me and gear compared to 7000 for the truck. Lot cheaper if I lose the old quad as well:D and I can still drive home.
Any one going out Thursday to either of these ?
Salty

Rockymtnx
12-14-2009, 10:12 PM
was out at pigeon yesterday afternoon cruising around and somebody fell through with there truck right at the boat launch at the provincial park

Was it a early 2000s Chevy 1500, extend cab, short box, pewter, with a yellow licence plate on the front?

Bear Ballz
12-15-2009, 09:23 AM
It would have been if the guy in front of me hadn't fallen through first :)

Hunter Trav
12-15-2009, 10:58 AM
there was water on gull today???? in -30 weather, wierd.

Yeah he said he broke through the top crust, and there was slush. Was probably close to a pressure ridge I'm thinking.

lilweav
12-17-2009, 08:01 PM
has anyone been to gull in the past couple days how think is the ice? thinking about headin out next week looking to get some early whites. any info would be thankful

thanks
weav