PDA

View Full Version : spray

bubba 96
12-14-2009, 10:13 AM
Anyone brave the weather and try spray yet, hows the ice and the fishin..Bubba

bubba 96
12-14-2009, 03:57 PM
Well seeing how nobody knows about the ice at spray I called wapiti sports and there putting there shacks out on it today 11 in of ice....

TroutHunter
12-14-2009, 04:24 PM
Well seeing how nobody knows about the ice at spray I called wapiti sports and there putting there shacks out on it today 11 in of ice....

Now thats thinkin' I just been waiting around figuring someone had to get out there sooner or later , Good to know , I guess I know where I'm goin this weekend

Oilberta
12-14-2009, 06:02 PM
hmm Spray lake is my favorite place on earth. The fishing is fun and you can always hope for a hawg!

But the weather sucks. When I tell people about spray, I tell them that I now know that hell isn't hot. Hell is Spray on a windy cold day!
But one day I will smarten up and take a shelter with me!

Oilberta
12-16-2009, 07:15 PM
Today at Spray there were Snowmobiles on the ice. Isn't that illegal. It was the guides putting out shacks so I wonder if they get permission for the day?

rielbowhunter
12-16-2009, 09:47 PM
ya ! i have seen that before too. I guess guides get all the breaks, or they just know things we don't. But i have never seen it posted in the regs or on a sign around there. wish i new how they get to do it. doesn't seem fair.

ice-raft
12-17-2009, 10:28 AM
Would anyone mind letting me know where to drill some holes on Spray? I would like to got out there for a day and try my lake but its soo big and I have no idea where to fish it.

Ice-Raft.

nicemustang
12-17-2009, 10:38 AM
The guides get special permits they have to pay for to put those shacks on there. I think anyone can do it, contact F&W and pay the fee to put your permitted shack out there.

sheephunter
12-17-2009, 10:57 AM
ya ! i have seen that before too. I guess guides get all the breaks, or they just know things we don't. But i have never seen it posted in the regs or on a sign around there. wish i new how they get to do it. doesn't seem fair.

Spray Lake lies within a Provincial Park so that prevents the use of snowmobiles/quads, etc. Special permits are required to use one.

Oilberta
12-17-2009, 01:35 PM
Would anyone mind letting me know where to drill some holes on Spray? I would like to got out there for a day and try my lake but its soo big and I have no idea where to fish it.

Ice-Raft.

I am a big believer that you can catch fish almost anywhere on Spray. But what I would do for the first time is go to the Boat launch and start from there. If you want white fish maybe go 20 meters from shore and use maggots. The whites are in the shallow water. If you want lakers go closer to the far shore and fish in water that is 60-100 feet deep.

ULTRAlite
12-17-2009, 03:01 PM
I am a big believer that you can catch fish almost anywhere on Spray. But what I would do for the first time is go to the Boat launch and start from there. If you want white fish maybe go 20 meters from shore and use maggots. The whites are in the shallow water. If you want lakers go closer to the far shore and fish in water that is 60-100 feet deep.

agreed - and be there early. Bite usually dies after 11.

Oilberta
12-17-2009, 03:04 PM
agreed - and be there early. Bite usually dies after 11.

I agree the best hours are the first couple out there!