PDA

View Full Version : Severn

oagie
12-14-2009, 03:04 PM
I have not fished this lake in 10+ years.

Is it still tea colored water?
Is the fishing still hit and miss?

I used to fished it almost exclusively, then the water clarity got funny, algae moved in, and then they started work on the spillway.

I moved to Gull lake and never been back. Anyway, I am heading out somewhere with the kids this weekend, and if the ice isn't thick enough on Gull to drive on, then I will want a lake where I can fish close to the truck. (kids just don't have the stamina).

Cheers.

CeeZee
12-14-2009, 03:43 PM
where abouts is this lake, I havent heard of it yet, although there are alot i havent heard of yet, havent been fishing for long in alberta.

rustynailz
12-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Severn fishes...well, it fishes OK sometimes. It gets hammered pretty hard, then the fishing goes to crap, then people leave it alone, and it gets better, then word gets out...

Last winter was pretty good - we caught some nice trout there, but I saw a lot of people there in the spring. It's usually worth the trip from Calgary, but there are better places that aren't too much further away (and much closer to Gull).

oagie
12-14-2009, 05:34 PM
where abouts is this lake, I havent heard of it yet, although there are alot i havent heard of yet, havent been fishing for long in alberta.

Severn is south of Rosebud.

WayneChristie
12-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Oagie you could try Enchant pond, lots of little perch close to shore, and some decent rainbows left in it too. Ive been having lots of luck with maggots there.