PDA

View Full Version : Spring Lake by Stony Plain

simpatico
12-14-2009, 06:58 PM
I am hoping to take my kids on Saturday and was wondering if the access is still restricted. I heard rumours last year that the access by the RV park was closed as the people who ran it where tired of picking garbage and I'm not a member of the trout fishing club. I'm not aware of any other access to this lake.

Also, are there still perch in the lake? Again, I heard that they tried killing them off. I really do not care about the size I just want to give my 10 and 6 year olds some action.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Tony

180+
12-14-2009, 07:51 PM
Try Hasse around the corner took my kids there several times last year and they caught trout and perch!! They had atonne of hits and my oldest 6 even caught a 3 pound trout!!

Albertafisher
12-15-2009, 01:32 PM
I've fished both hasse and spring, and by far spring lake is way more productive, its loaded with perch and trout. last year i was out at spring several times and caught a average of 15-20 fish per hour, all pretty decent size(6-9 inch). use 1/16 oz jims jigs with a minnow, but I'm sure they'll hit anything. but try bringing some 1/100 oz gill pills if just in case they are picky. I totally recommend it.
to access the lake, you need to take lakeside drive till you hit waters crescent, and park along that road. then its easy access to the lake. And chose a spot bout' 70-100 feet off shore and there's a drop-off, and the perch school there.if you have trouble finding them, bring a large, flashy spoon and bounce it on the bottom to stir up the debris and it should bring them in after a while.
I'm heading out there this Saturday too, but I'm hoping to go for jumbos.
cheers, hope this helps

Typical
12-16-2009, 05:00 PM
What are the perch biting on at Spring ? I might take the kids there on saturday.