PDA

View Full Version : ice thickness?

harley65
12-15-2009, 04:52 AM
anyone on gull for opening weekend (dec 11 )
wondering how thick the ice was ?

Hunter Trav
12-15-2009, 11:05 AM
8" at Brownlows, about 300 yrds from shore...

latenite
12-15-2009, 05:39 PM
was anyone driving on?

Hunter Trav
12-16-2009, 09:16 AM
Some guys were, not many stayed on though. Bobcat fell through up by Raymond Shores I guess. I'd be waiting a bit before driving on with a pickup...

hard_azz
12-16-2009, 03:47 PM
deffinately give it a bit before u drive... was out there all weekend... on sunday i was about 300 yard out from sunset legion camp ground and there was 8 inches then i went to move out another 60 yards or so just to find the edge of the weedbed and i punched a hole and there was only 4 inches and the water came rushing right out onto the ice... so i stuck my tail between my legs and pulled my stuff back to the same depth that i was at before as fast as i could.... i was down in birch bay on the saturday and there was 8-10 inches and i was about 400-450 yards out

i gotta say i was a little dissapointed on the perch numbers.... i did alright but there was no schooling at all.... mind u every one that we pulled up was atleast 9 inches but i was still very puzzled... does anyone know why they might not be schooled up???

one last thing... does anyone have a report on the whites out there from the weekend... me and a buddy r thinkin bout headin out this saturday and gonna try to find some whites but that is getting harder and harder out there

Nick-G
01-16-2010, 09:46 AM
Does anyone know how the ice is over at Coal Lake, my fiancee wants to do some fishing on her 21st birthday and thats the closest lake to us.