PDA

View Full Version : Good Ice Fishing Around Lloydminster??

CountryRoadz
12-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Im looking for a few good fishing lakes within 2 hours of LLoydminster AB/SK.

I dont know the area very well so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

CeeZee
12-16-2009, 05:07 AM
Are you going to be out on saturday? I might be going out by provost to a small lake for some Rainbows if you wanted to meet there, pm me.

Bushmaster
12-16-2009, 08:20 AM
Should be able to find lots of lakes on the Sask. side.....Ministikwan, etc.

Dougie55
12-16-2009, 04:13 PM
Some really great lakes in the Meadow Lake Park area.. Flotten is my fave.

CountryRoadz
12-16-2009, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the info. I was thinking of going somewhere Sunday. I heard of Ministikewan and I lost my phone in a lake in Meadow Lake Park this summer so maybe I should go fish for that.

Whats the cost of a Sask Liscence for an Albertan? I hear its been gold up around Meadow Lake. Frozen enough to drive on?

Thanks

Bushmaster
12-17-2009, 12:00 PM
I think the licence is $60.......

hillbillyreefer
12-17-2009, 08:43 PM
Are you going to be out on saturday? I might be going out by provost to a small lake for some Rainbows if you wanted to meet there, pm me.

Hey CeeZee i assume your talking about Capt. Ayre, let us know how it works out. Trying to get the kids out but may have too many deer tags left on Saturday, to get out fishing. Tomorrow will tell.

CeeZee
12-17-2009, 08:52 PM
lol ya give it a go, gonna try my kids out there too, the little guy hasnt been out on the ice before. I was out there a few time last year and the fishing was awesome, it was my first time ice fishing for them and it was really good. I have also ice fished at arm lake, it was slow but ok sized fish, most were keepers(pike). I have heard good ice fishing at clear(barnes) lake but alot of restrictions there tho, there is shuster lake in that same area that has brookies but never fished there, yet. I am still trying to discover more around here as i am moving to the hughenden area in jan.

Geezle
12-30-2009, 09:51 AM
I think the licence is $60.......

Last time I looked into it, it was $35 for a 3 day license for non Sask. residents.

Chris K
12-30-2009, 02:48 PM
It's 60 for the whole year for a non resident in Sask.

Chris K

CountryRoadz
12-30-2009, 03:24 PM
Thanks Chris. Someone said Turtle Lake has some Pike and Walleye so I may try that one.

I wouldn't trust Sutter and the Flames right now and Im even a Flames fan and as for Quinn.....poor guy.....Im sure he would take a win right now. He's gotta be frustrated - lol

Take Care

CR

CR

Geezle
12-30-2009, 04:50 PM
It's 60 for the whole year for a non resident in Sask.

Chris K

Hmm...I'm going to work up at Onion Lake next week for a couple months...might be worth it to make a couple trips up to Meadow :evilgrin:

Bill L
01-04-2010, 08:06 AM
Dillberry Lake on hwy 17 about 1 hour south of lloyd has perch and rainbows, never ice fished there but have had lots of fun in the summer there

Bill L
01-04-2010, 08:38 AM
if you live in lloyd you should be able to get a sask and alberta resident licence, at least we did years ago when i lived there