PDA

View Full Version : Fort McMurray Area Reports?

JBLS
12-16-2009, 01:59 PM
Anybody been out to the Texaco's, HWY 63 pond, Engstrom or Gregoire yet? I am guessing not with the weather lately...

Hoping to head out on Saturday looking for any advice on where I should go.

Thanks!
JBLS

beermilk
12-16-2009, 03:03 PM
i few buddies of mine have been going out over the last month. i havent been able to busted up my ankle.

they dont seem to be having much success on gregoire lake.

they have been out to engstrom couple times decent fishing there so i guess there was no summer kill :)

if you are wondering about ice thickness there was over 12" on gregoire last week when they went out and over 12" on engstrom 3 weeks ago.

they havent been out to the texacos or hwy 63 ponds yet but i am sure theres lots of ice there as well

SCRUB
12-16-2009, 09:08 PM
I was out at gregoire at the end of nov and there was 8 inches but it was very slow out there, gotta get some snow up here so you can get into hook lake and the others that are snowmobile access

JBLS
12-16-2009, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the reports guys, going to pass on Gregorie I think... Hmmmm do I drive out to Engstrom or stay close and go to East Texaco... I will report after I go either way.
Would love to fish Hook one day, heard great things about the perch there. How tough is it to get into Hook? What others do you sled into and fish up here?

JBLS

beermilk
12-17-2009, 09:42 AM
i havent been to hook lake in 2 years but i know we drove all the way in. long drive. turned off 881 on the la loche winter road

there are some dandy perch biggest i have ever caught. special catch limits

i would like to sled into a small lake called Sucker lake. its behind anzac and i heard great stuff about the pike fishing.

Albertacoyotecaller
12-17-2009, 09:01 PM
Is Hook still good for perch? We use to catch some jumbo's out of there but they reduced the limit hard which I figured was due to the population going down.

Greg

beermilk
12-18-2009, 08:05 PM
well its been 2 years since i been there. and the limit was 5 at the time and we got lots of jumbos in there still. lots of small as well but it would seem like they travel in differnt schools some being all hogs then you would get a small school come by

beermilk
12-26-2009, 08:27 PM
just a little update for the fort mcmurray guys.

went out to texaco pond today the one by auto wreckers got 1 keeper lost couple more only stayed for 2 hours. got bites on shrimp and salmon eggs.

gonna try my best to make a day trip out to engstrom on monday.

if anyone has an update on how engstrom has been fishing this year would be nice to hear an update on it. :)

mark-edmonton
12-27-2009, 10:02 AM
Looking to head out in the next few days as well. I have a sled and will be hitting georges lake for some pike. wouldn't mind going to hook or gypsy as well..

Mark

beermilk
12-28-2009, 03:41 PM
so me and the old man went out to engstrom this morning caught around 15 in 2 hours they were hitting hard on shrimp on very small jigs, we missed just as many fish also. all in all we kept our limit and decied to call it a day.

engstrom seems to be fishing just as well as last year. average size seems smaller this year tho but its only been one trip :)

SCRUB
12-28-2009, 07:14 PM
hit up gregoire yesterday it was very slow, was there for 4hours and only got 2 pike. Going to hit up Hook lake when i get my hitch for my nanook

mark-edmonton
12-28-2009, 08:32 PM
how long does it take to get to hook on the winter road?

beermilk
12-28-2009, 09:25 PM
i am not sure of the exact time it took to get in there but i remember it taking atleast an hour. we drove right to the lake taking some kind of goats trail into the lake. there was one small but really steep hill just befor we got to the lakes edge. almost didnt make it back up in truck.

i know we will be trying to find are way back into hook lake sometime this winter but will be loading up the quads on the trucks because we are not taking that chance of not getting up that hill again lol,

sonlabs2000
01-09-2010, 02:22 PM
me and a buddy went to gregoire today and the fishing was decent i cought 2 and lost 1 big one my buddy got 5 or 6 so the fishing out there seems to be picking up

TC_cams
01-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Just curiouse if anyone ones fish cowpar lately?

Oh and does anyone know where/how to catch whitefish out of gregiore????

SCRUB
01-09-2010, 10:29 PM
I was out at cowpar lake last year fishing wasn't as good as i thought it would be but did get a few nice pike wanted some perch but the 5" perch just weren't big enough. Going to Hook lake tomorrow hopefully i'll find some jumbo's and limit out as your only allowed 5 there.

JBLS
01-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Fished Gregorie today from 1:30-5:00, landed 2 walleyes and 1 small pike... had about 8 other bites. all fish caught between 4-5pm.

two groups fishing beside me, they each caught 4-5 pike and a walleye.

JBLS

SCRUB
01-10-2010, 10:03 PM
Fished Hook lake today Limited out on perch, but on the bad side of things someone broke the drivers door window out of my truck :mad3::mad3:and didn't steal anything except for the other sled :mad:that I had in my enclosed trailer, A%%$$$es cut the locks off and away went the sled. I don't know why people have to do such things, GO BUY YOUR OWN STUFF............But on the other hand you can drive out to the lake as there were 2 trucks that had driven on to the lake. I will be driving to the lake from now on.. Fishing was good though.

kreator
01-10-2010, 10:16 PM
How big were the perch?

mark-edmonton
01-11-2010, 02:32 AM
ah la loche savages hit again . what is this white man doing on my road!

beermilk
01-11-2010, 08:29 AM
yes you can drive out on the lake as long as the hill isnt too bad. too bad about your stuff. where did you have your truck parked ? so we know where not to park :)

SCRUB
01-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Here are some pics of the perch I got. I had my truck parked at the turnout just by the first cutline that heads south. And as for the savages they should find something better to do then steal other people's stuff (maybe get a job) would be a good start.

JBLS
01-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Nice looking perch! Sorry to hear about your truck/sled, that sucks!

SCRUB
02-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Well hit up my favorite lake again this last weekend and limited out in 1hr with some hogs. If you want some big perch you gotta head north..that is just my 2 cents

JBLS
02-04-2010, 12:09 AM
I fished Highway 63 pond on sunday, had a pretty good day... between my friend and i we landed 11 trout between 8-11" and about 20 perch... biggest be like 5"... nice to get out anyways.

SCRUB... I am assuming Hook Lake?
Ever head to Lac La Biche for Perch? I am looking to try that out this Saturday... would love to get into some perch!

JBLS

SCRUB
02-04-2010, 04:20 PM
I fished Highway 63 pond on sunday, had a pretty good day... between my friend and i we landed 11 trout between 8-11" and about 20 perch... biggest be like 5"... nice to get out anyways.

SCRUB... I am assuming Hook Lake?
Ever head to Lac La Biche for Perch? I am looking to try that out this Saturday... would love to get into some perch!

JBLS

JBLS correct on the lake, and no i haven't headed to LLB for perch, but i do go to jackson,kinnard in the summer for walleye and had some good luck last summer with perch at kinnard.

JBLS
02-04-2010, 07:59 PM
JBLS correct on the lake, and no i haven't headed to LLB for perch, but i do go to jackson,kinnard in the summer for walleye and had some good luck last summer with perch at kinnard.

SCRUB, if you are ever looking for a fishing partner for Hook, let me know! I have always wanted to fish it but would like to go with someone who has been before...

SCRUB
02-05-2010, 07:37 AM
SCRUB, if you are ever looking for a fishing partner for Hook, let me know! I have always wanted to fish it but would like to go with someone who has been before...

I will do that next time i plan on going should be heading there in a couple weeks unless something comes up.