PDA

View Full Version : Please delete

TrollGRG
12-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Figured I would try Hasse tomorrow (Thursday) just to get back into the swim of things. Do a bit of a shake down to see what I am forgetting from last year.

I will have my AO sign up so if you are out there stop and say hi.

Fireman911
12-16-2009, 04:20 PM
I'm heading out for sure tomorrow, somewhere on the North side. Hope I can follow some tire tracks out there otherwise were walking. Look for an icecube and a grey chev with no front winddam for easier snow plowing on ice..lol

TrollGRG
12-16-2009, 06:08 PM
I think I will be leaving my truck in the parking lot. I'm not that comfortable with the ice right now. With that in mind - and my out of shape body - we will not be too far from the truck. Just want to rip the lips off a few perch.

HILLYBILLYBARRY
12-16-2009, 09:36 PM
im thinking of heading out there on sat try out my new fishing shanty let me knwo whats the ice is like if i can drive a 3/4 ton diesel on it!

Geezle
12-17-2009, 05:28 PM
How'd it go out there today? Trying to figure out a location for the next gathering :cool:

TrollGRG
12-17-2009, 06:51 PM
Great day for fissn. Sun was shining, fishing in our shirt sleeves - inside of course.

We were about half way between the dock and the island in about 12 feet of water. Saw (camera) at least a godzillion perch :), only two trout :(, and two pike :mad:.

Took about an hour to figure out the perch :confused: but when we did it was non-stop action :love:. I was planning on keeping anything 8 inches and bigger. Went home empty handed :(.

The ice was about 9 inches with no more than a foot of snow on top - easy to haul the sleds.

Some of God's chosen had been there a day or so ago and left a mess (e.g. beer cans) :mad2:. We cleaned it up but left all their wooden slats for when they come back - the only downer for the day.

Geezle
12-17-2009, 07:12 PM
Great day for fissn. Sun was shining, fishing in our shirt sleeves - inside of course.

We were about half way between the dock and the island in about 12 feet of water. Saw (camera) at least a godzillion perch :), only two trout :(, and two pike :mad:.

Took about an hour to figure out the perch :confused: but when we did it was non-stop action :love:. I was planning on keeping anything 8 inches and bigger. Went home empty handed :(.

The ice was about 9 inches with no more than a foot of snow on top - easy to haul the sleds.

Some of God's chosen had been there a day or so ago and left a mess (e.g. beer cans) :mad2:. We cleaned it up but left all their wooden slats for when they come back - the only downer for the day.

For the most part it sounds like you had a good day out there, except for the crap left behind by the winners who were out there before you...

Mind if I ask what was working for the perch out there? :wave:

redneck posse
12-17-2009, 07:24 PM
We were about half way between the dock and the island in about 12 feet of water. Saw (camera) at least a godzillion perch , only two trout , and two pike .

pike:mad3: man when will people quit dumping fish in that lake??? maybe we should try bass next.

Fireman911
12-17-2009, 09:44 PM
I think pike actually sprout out from the loon sh!t judging by some of the places I've caught them.

Hasse was great if you want non stop 5" perch madness. Didn't even see one to get excited about on 8hrs of Aqua-Vision. Saw a pike though. I would go back though to entertain kids.

I manage to catch 2 trout 12-14ish. North end has flood water and a false layer of ice. a good solid 8-10" though. I wouldn't drive.

TrollGRG
12-18-2009, 04:19 PM
All I did was mash the maggot a bit instead of just threading it on the hook.

I would like to take credit for being ingenious and figuring it out but it could just as well have been like when I am fly fishihng - the dinner bell rings and they start biting - just a coincidence that it was at the same time.