PDA

View Full Version : Hit the wab for a few hours today

billycap
12-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Went out to the sundance power plant side of wab today with the gf for a couple hours.... didnt get deep enough do to a faulty depth tester...nothin like hand augerin' a couple holes... set up the icecube 4man with big buddy n all the trimmins to find out the water was only a couple of feet deep... boo! anyways rather than move everthing we stuck it out... saw some real nice ones caught a half dozen er so.. nothin monster but all in all was good day!
Ice is about 10 inch thick...

-JR-
12-16-2009, 06:54 PM
You got me going .

pikester
12-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Went out to the sundance power plant side of wab today with the gf for a couple hours.... didnt get deep enough do to a faulty depth tester...nothin like hand augerin' a couple holes... set up the icecube 4man with big buddy n all the trimmins to find out the water was only a couple of feet deep... boo! anyways rather than move everthing we stuck it out... saw some real nice ones caught a half dozen er so.. nothin monster but all in all was good day!
Ice is about 10 inch thick...

Billycap, that lure sticking out of the whities looks like a copper wire worm with yellow on the front, is the yellow part a plastic bead, or just yellow wire?

troutpirate
12-16-2009, 08:23 PM
sweet fish billycap but i have a feeling that the fish you catch this weekend will be a lot sweeter.............;)

billycap
12-16-2009, 08:28 PM
the yellow is this fabric woven right into the wire worm... i have ones with the bead also... the red wire worms were not workin at all today.. a silver wetaskiwin special was bringing in the big ones but they would not take it

billycap
12-16-2009, 08:29 PM
I think you might be right about that..
sweet fish billycap but i have a feeling that the fish you catch this weekend will be a lot sweeter.............;)

burbotman14
12-16-2009, 09:37 PM
Did you see any pike?

billycap
12-16-2009, 09:57 PM
nadda one

Did you see any pike?

fishunter77
12-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Great looking Whitefish. Thanks for sharing.

steveo955
12-18-2009, 12:07 PM
conrats on the nice fish! i was on the other side of the lake from you and didnt see a white. we were out from the yaught club, we usually put a beating on them there but nothing. well there were a couple hundred 3" perch and a few pike but no whites. where did they go? anybody know?

billycap
12-18-2009, 04:32 PM
I went out to the same place today....did about a 1km walk out into the bay this time and hit about 8ft of water... Jigged like a mad fool for about an hour...sweet nothin... then i saw a platapuss face hanging just outside my hole... i hate when pike use my jig to bring in lunch!
headed back to the shallows (same spot as other day) and was soon into the whites again... then some angry pike... repeat... repeat

all in all the white action was kinda weak.. the pike were on strong
nothin like catchin pike on a wire worm and a spool o line!

CeeZee
12-18-2009, 04:58 PM
nice pike, they sure have a gut, must be eating good.