PDA

View Full Version : Keho Lake.....anybody been there lately?

madatter
12-19-2009, 10:05 AM
Headin back to the Hat on Monday,plan on hitting Clear Lake for a bit then maybe headin south to Keho and ending up at Grassy later in the day.
Problem is I have never been to or fished Keho so I need some help.
Any pointers on where to go,what to fish for or even if its worth it would be appreciated...

Drano
12-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Keho apparently can be a pretty good place to fish according to World Wide.
If I am not mistaken I think the largest pike came out of there a few years ago...:wave::wave:

Lethbridge_1
12-19-2009, 11:05 AM
Fish in the lake at either the east or the west canal entrance/exit. There are large pike in there, so make sure you have adequate gear and drop a large smelt or other bait on a tip-up near/on the bottom. The secondary roads basically circle the lake, just follow the roads around the lake until you come to either canal. Both canals have access roads where you can drive right to the lake. I've found Keho is a hit or miss lake...some days you'll catch them one after another, other days you'll be skunked.

Drano
12-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the info lethbridge...:wave::wave:

pecker
12-19-2009, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the info lethbridge...:wave::wave:

x2

pecker
12-19-2009, 03:33 PM
Keho apparently can be a pretty good place to fish according to World Wide.
If I am not mistaken I think the largest pike came out of there a few years ago...:wave::wave:

1976.:lol::wave:

Drano
12-21-2009, 04:28 AM
1976.:lol::wave:

that long ago?:wave::wave:

fisherwoman
12-21-2009, 06:04 PM
There still are some BIG pike in there. But the guys are right, it is hit and miss. When I go there I usually go to the boat launch. Fish from shore in the summer and out a little ways on the ice in winter. Can get VERY windy there.
Also whitefish, Walleye and supposedly burbot there too.
Good luck!