PDA

View Full Version : buck lake?

steveo955
12-19-2009, 12:53 PM
has anybody fished buck lake this winter? what was it like last year. i have never been there, but plan on going monday. alberta fishing guide and the lake directory make it sound promising. any info would be great. thanks in advance.

mooseknuckle
12-19-2009, 01:18 PM
I found Buck too be a fairly good multi-species lake last winter we made out pretty well lot's of pike and walleye minnows and smelt worked best. But also caught a few white's and perch.

steveo955
12-19-2009, 05:06 PM
sweet, thanks mooseknuckle. i am pretty new to the ice fishing thing, and punching holes all over the ice with no real idea of what im doing gets old quick. i would guess that the whites are in shallow? walleye at 10' or better on structure? and no idea where to find perch. are all lakes close to the same where the fish are?

mooseknuckle
12-19-2009, 05:18 PM
Well it's kind of weird at least one of each was pulled from the same hole however yes mostly walleye and pike 10-12 feet of water more perch closer to the north east? side of the lake sorry I'm trying to remember where we were at exactly.. anyways we fished a point pretty much half way between the main pier in the town of buck lake and calhoun bay camp area the lake kind of takes a 90 degree turn half way and about 200 yards from shore in about 12 fow.:wave:

go-big-or-go-home
12-22-2009, 04:47 PM
has anybody been on buck lake yet? buddy and i where there once already at the end of nov, there was bout 3 to 6 icnhs of ice on the south end by the campground and the marina. we dint get nothing tho, we couldnt get to the honey hole spots due to thin and creppy cracking ice lol. but deff want to go back and check it out soon, there deff is fish to be caught there. so if anyones been out there latley could u share any info on it?

steveo955
12-27-2009, 12:11 AM
when we were out we got on the ice at calhoun bay. we punched holes all through the bay out to the point. the bottom was not sandy but thick flat weeds. we did see a few fish but not enough to keep us in one spot. i didnt research this lake very well before we went and the results showed. if anyone would like to volunteer some info on this lake i would appreciate it greatly. we are looking to c&r whites and walleye. what depth this time of year? and what should i be looking for on the bottom? a pm or a post would be great. thanks, steve

go-big-or-go-home
12-27-2009, 05:46 PM
did anyone go check out buck lake at all??? gunna try it out tomorrow