PDA

View Full Version : Additional power for our Aqua-Vu

Fireman911
12-20-2009, 09:40 AM
I know most cameras have an input for external power but does anyone use anything for this? How about an extra battery?

My camera only lasted 5 hours the other day when it was -5 outside. Need more power.

iversong
12-20-2009, 09:42 AM
We have a 12 volt booster or auxillary power pak it works great. Also can come in handy if your truck will not start when its time to go home.

CeeZee
12-20-2009, 08:32 PM
my camera take a million dollars worth of d or c batteries, so i wanted to save money, i got a cheap double strand extention cord, put aligator clips on one end and the other end spliced into the dc input cord end, the string my cord thru whatever i have to and to the truck, then plug the two ends in, if you know what i mean.

Fireman911
12-20-2009, 09:12 PM
I think a spare battery should work as you can't always drive on lakes. Thanks for the info. I'm heading to battery world tomorrow. Fishing somewhere Tuesday.

camshaft
12-20-2009, 10:53 PM
Princess Auto sells the 12volt 7amp batteries for $25. North Calgary location didnt have any as of last week, but u can quite often find these batteries on sale there for $15 at various times.

Rockymtnx
12-20-2009, 10:59 PM
I have two batteries for my Aqua-Vu. Even with both of them I cant get a full days use out of them. So last year I took the 12 volt AC adapter and spliced another 40 feet into it. Now I can run it to the truck and plug it into one of the AC outlets. It works great!

clouserminnow
12-21-2009, 12:07 AM
Go to Candian Tire buy an alligator clip and outlet adapter and a 10 foot cig lighter and put it directly on your battery. I carry a deep cycle as I have an electric auger which I put in a sled untill I can drive on. A new Aquaview battery is 30 bucks too.

italk2u
12-21-2009, 08:24 AM
This problem seems to happen a lot at the beginning of each hard water season.
The battery instructions tell you to recharge the battery atleast once over the summer months so that it doesn't drain dead and NEVER put it on your garage floor, as the concrete, for some reason,(I'm not a phsyicist) sucks it dry.
i had my aqua-Vu out yesterday for over 7 hours and it was still going strong when we shut 'er down.

datriman
12-21-2009, 11:32 AM
I have an older model Aqua View MC and it still has the original battery (7years) and I have had no problems with getting 8-10 hours out of it. I hope I didn't just jinx myself!