PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where to get a boat windshield replacement????

BrainTan
07-24-2007, 10:15 PM
Well I managed to get a rock through my boat windshield when travelling down the highway near Lethbridge, and sadly the windshield didn't take it too well. Any chance that anyone would know where someone could find a replacement windshield? It's and older (ok quite old) fibreglass 1978 Johnson.

Any help or advice will be appreciated.

Cheers,

sheephunter
07-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Is it curved or flat? If it's flat any glass shop can help you out.

BrainTan
07-24-2007, 10:24 PM
It's a curved windshield, and it's one solid piece.

sheephunter
07-25-2007, 12:17 AM
That could be a tough one then.

220 Swift
06-02-2016, 10:11 PM
With this old post, I was wondering if anyone has ever made and put a snap on window cover on these curved windows to protect from sand blast or rocks ? Similar to the old winter fronts on the trucks from the late 80s or early 90s. I recall seeing backhoes with these when being trailered.

I have a 18' Legend Xcaliber I haven't broke my windshield but I know the cost had went up on these full split/curved windshields.

Any thoughts are appreciated

Mackinaw
06-02-2016, 10:24 PM
With this old post, I was wondering if anyone has ever made and put a snap on window cover on these curved windows to protect from sand blast or rocks ? Similar to the old winter fronts on the trucks from the late 80s or early 90s. I recall seeing backhoes with these when being trailered.

I have a 18' Legend Xcaliber I haven't broke my windshield but I know the cost had went up on these full split/curved windshields.

Any thoughts are appreciated

Take a look at Truxcedo sold by cabelas a padded windshield cover

Mack

Kim473
06-03-2016, 07:21 AM
Don't know what it costs but you can try these guy's. Shipping may be costly.

http://www.taylormarine.com/products.html

madman
06-13-2016, 06:46 PM
I have a lund pro sport with curved wind shield, $750 per side to replace and that was 7 years ago. I don't think a person can even find a replaced now days. Anyhow, last time it broke, my dad made a card board stencil and cut a piece of plexy glass the same thickness and used a small blow torch to form it. I would doubt if a person could tell difference. Worked like a dam!! Saved about $720.

Mad

bigfishen
06-14-2016, 10:12 PM
It might be worth it to try to make your own out lexan. I think that's what I am going to try on my boat

neilsledder
06-15-2016, 07:30 AM
It might be worth it to try to make your own out lexan. I think that's what I am going to try on my boat

Lexan will scratch easy! I made one for my side by side and if you even thought about touching it there would be fine scratches on it. I would think a boat tarp would wreck it fast while traveling down the highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jim summit
06-15-2016, 08:09 AM
If you use lexon, make sure its the Lexon MR10, it has a coating that is very resistant to scratching. Using in forestry equipment, it last many years of tree branches scraping and sratching.
Wash them with hot water and soap and they look new again.
But be prepared for the for stick shock on a sheet...

standard lexon is not much better then plexiglass.