PDA

View Full Version : Chikakoo Reports?

Bassett
12-21-2009, 06:02 PM
Looked through a quick search and never found anything updated.
Hows the ice, fish biting???

Want to head out and catch a few smaller sized fish next weekend (its all i can reel in at the moment)

Thanks!

Paul C
12-21-2009, 06:23 PM
I had good luck catching brookies on my ultra lite rod. The ice is about a foot thick and I was fishing in 8 feet of H2O. I was there on saturday and the action is on then off.
Good Luck.:wave::D

ghostguy6
12-21-2009, 09:05 PM
10 -12 inches as of saturday. Fish were biting, caught 4 and saw lots down the holes.

If you deside to fish the small bay close to the parking lot be careful, ice is thick but really soft. Perhaps there is a spring feeding the bay because there is water on the ice. Everywhere else seemed to be ok.

hockey1099
12-21-2009, 10:27 PM
i was out on sunday between 12-14 inches of ice. i saw alot of fish in 6-7 feet of wated but could not get more than one light bite. i was using marmish rod and gulp alive maggots in pink and glow in the dark. they would all come to the bait but only 1 bit and 1 missed by setting the hook before the bite. Find a better bait than i was using.

fishunter77
12-21-2009, 10:32 PM
The trout are funny here. You have to switch lures and bait quite frequently. Don't stick to the same thing that was working 2 hours ago.

Wulfespirit
12-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Mealworms and shrimp both work at Chickakoo as well at times but, as Fishunter pointed out, don't always work. I found that 'meat' baits work best in the afternoon until dark while colourful powerbaits tend to do better early in the day. Your mileage may vary of course...