PDA

View Full Version : Lowrance M68C?

npauls
12-21-2009, 09:04 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knows if this sonar/gps unit has maps of southern alberta lakes? From what I have found on the net, it doesn't have a chip slot so you wouldn't be able to buy the southern alberta map chip to add to it. On all the sites it says that all the lake and river maps are stored inside the unit. Does this mean I can go on the net and download all the southern alberta maps right onto the unit? I will be using this strictly for mapping and using my x510c for the sonar features right beside it. This way I won't have to spend a ton on a gps set up but still have a split screen type set up where I can view a gps map and mark way points while still being able to see a full screen of sonar to.

thanks,

Nate

C@RN@GE
12-21-2009, 10:09 PM
I was just wondering if anyone knows if this sonar/gps unit has maps of southern alberta lakes? From what I have found on the net, it doesn't have a chip slot so you wouldn't be able to buy the southern alberta map chip to add to it. On all the sites it says that all the lake and river maps are stored inside the unit. Does this mean I can go on the net and download all the southern alberta maps right onto the unit? I will be using this strictly for mapping and using my x510c for the sonar features right beside it. This way I won't have to spend a ton on a gps set up but still have a split screen type set up where I can view a gps map and mark way points while still being able to see a full screen of sonar to.

thanks,

Nate

It only contains usa maps and the great lakes area. I'am preaty sure theres no way to add anything to it. So basically you can add waypoints but it will be just a blank screen. I would'nt waste your money on it.