PDA

View Full Version : going to sylvan on christmas

theduke
12-22-2009, 01:23 PM
im going to sylvan lake on xmas day, now i have never fished this place in the winter ,but have fished it lots in the summer with lots of sucess. now is it the same as in summer or will the fish change their patterns in the winter. and if anyone has been out there how is the ice. also havent seen "molly" in the summer hopefully i can see her in the winter:evilgrin:

cheers
Duke

SuCraM
12-22-2009, 02:47 PM
I fish it alot in summer and a bit in winter as I have access to a trailer on the lake. I have found that in winter the best is the west side by range road 23. Look for the permanent shacks and that is where the action is. Hope this helps.

Jack-man
12-22-2009, 02:54 PM
I hear there are good size Jacks in there. Do you use tipups there? People have permanent shacks on the ice? Are you allowed to drink in those?

hayseed
12-22-2009, 03:13 PM
I hear there are good size Jacks in there. Do you use tipups there? People have permanent shacks on the ice? Are you allowed to drink in those?

:lol::lol:

BuckMaster101
12-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Ya you can drink as long as you don't get caught, I find it makes for a long walk home. On a serious note, It's my belief that if you have sleeping quarters and a portapotie or something to use as a washroom it's legal. If i'm wrong I will be corrected pretty quick. Good luck fishing and keep your tip up.

Jack-man
12-22-2009, 03:40 PM
Ya not go crazy, just have a few relaxing drinks. Nothing serious, just informal. Yes I have quite a few tipups.