PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Heater Conversion Kits

DarkAisling
12-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Just had a thought . . . is the Mr. Heater conversion kit the same kit that I would use to convert my coleman stove to the big propane bottles?

I wasn't going to bother getting the conversion kit and filter (was just going to use the 1lb bottles), but if it would work for my stove too that would be a bonus.

baz
12-22-2009, 09:35 PM
Hello,
Yes, that is the same connection and if you call Canadian Propane on 52st they can make what you want and it's typically cheaper than packaged product, have used a number of variations but the common one is, 20#propane, propane tree, lantern on top, coleman stove on one side, 11' hose adapter and Big Buddy heater on the other.

Paul C
12-23-2009, 07:41 AM
Just had a thought . . . is the Mr. Heater conversion kit the same kit that I would use to convert my coleman stove to the big propane bottles?

I wasn't going to bother getting the conversion kit and filter (was just going to use the 1lb bottles), but if it would work for my stove too that would be a bonus. Look for the adapters for running your heater and stove at the same time. It is nice to cook a hot meal while ice fishing.
:wave: Try a local propane supplier for the gear, ct is so expensive. When in doubt talk to a gasfitter"A" for any safety questions.

DarkAisling
12-23-2009, 09:21 AM
Thanks guys, this helps a lot. I was having a hard time deciding what style of heater to get: I was leaning toward the kind that only uses the 1lb bottles, but this definitely changes that. To be able to use my stove (in addition to the heater) while out fishing would be awesome :) Baz's setup with the latern is great too.

I haven't been able to find a listing for "Canadian Propane," but I'm sure there are other places around.

jusfloatin
12-23-2009, 11:07 AM
I am not sure of the adress but it is north of Glemore trail on 52st.

You can't miss it.