PDA

View Full Version : Fishing from shore

Roughneck Country
12-23-2009, 03:15 PM
I am looking for a nice quiet lake that I can have fairly good success at, I dont care if they are big or not but I need to be able to catch something from shore. I am taking the girlfriend out and I want her to have a good time. Does any anyone have any suggestions as to a lake and as to when? We are planning on going the first part of June but its flexible. Thanks!

TrollGRG
12-23-2009, 03:39 PM
Are you looking for some place in North America?

DarkAisling
12-23-2009, 04:11 PM
I am looking for a nice quiet lake that I can have fairly good success at, I dont care if they are big or not but I need to be able to catch something from shore. I am taking the girlfriend out and I want her to have a good time. Does any anyone have any suggestions as to a lake and as to when? We are planning on going the first part of June but its flexible. Thanks!

Well, you don't say where in the province you're located . . . that makes a big difference ;)

If you're in the southern half of the province, then Pine Coulee Reservoir might be a fun place to take her. The fishing is usually really good there, and I think it is a great place for newbies (and kids) to get their feet wet, so to speak. The walleye are small (and there is a zero limit), but on a good day she could catch a LOT of them. There are some larger pike in there, too.

At PCR you can fish from the dock (which can really heave at times due to the wakes from the boats), or there are places along the shoreline with good access.

Roughneck Country
02-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Guess I should have specified I am in Alberta. And I am looking to go somewhere in the Edmonton Jasper area. Any help would be appreciated thanks!