PDA

View Full Version : Streams around Whitecourt

Suntoucher
07-25-2007, 05:42 PM
Hello,

I'm just wondering how the river conditions are like for Whitecourt/Fox creek and surrounding areas?

Want to hit up some grayling steams on the weekend including the freeman
and some smaller creeks.

Much thanks

-NDN-
07-26-2007, 04:19 AM
if you happen to hit Chickadee, PM me and let me know how its going please:)

Kelly & Beth
08-04-2007, 09:11 PM
I Just got back from whitecourt, foxcreek, windfall, and kaybob area and I heard that there was some dynamite fishing in the little streams for grayling. I heard that if you could find a good spot on the windfall creek with a bit of a hole you could hammer them out of the water. Unfortunately I don't know what to use or anything like that.

Kelly

Gerry
08-05-2007, 08:34 AM
I used to live in Whitecourt and fished Windfall ALL the time, was my favorite stream close to town. I don't know which area of the creek you're fishing, but if it's in the area of the Amaco plant, a dry fly in a caddis pattern worked well for me or use a Panther Martin in silver with the chenelle body on the hook.
If you need directions to accessable areas of the creek, like the mouth at the Athabasca, just post back and I'll try to help you out.

Deano
08-05-2007, 06:03 PM
Hi Gerry

I love going up to LSR and would appreciate any other fishable water on the way from Edmonton. Don't excpect any honey holes, but some general directions would be greatly appreciated. You can drop me an e-mail if you like dppanas@shaw.ca .
If anybody wants to head up there and is looking for some company let me know. I usually head up there by myself.

Deano