PDA

View Full Version : Going out Saturday Jackfish/Hasse

jpietrzak1979
12-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Hey I am intending to do a day trip to Jackfish Lake and/or Hasse on Saturday morning (26th) and wondering if anyone would like to come along. I don't have much ice fishing experience so figured some company might help. I can provide carpooling if wanted and Timmy's!
Send me a msg if interested. BTW if you have an auger would be awesome if we can use that too. (also looking to buy a cheap used hand one if anyone has an old one they wanna get rid of).
Thanks,
Jay

ghostguy6
12-24-2009, 01:45 PM
I may be headed out but im not too sure.......

jpietrzak1979
12-24-2009, 01:56 PM
No worries, just drop a msg by friday night and I will send my phone number or what not if yer intending to go.

eyewhomper
12-24-2009, 02:33 PM
where are those lakes

ghostguy6
12-24-2009, 03:08 PM
15 - 20 min west of Stony Plain.

Geezle
12-24-2009, 06:57 PM
Hey I am intending to do a day trip to Jackfish Lake and/or Hasse on Saturday morning (26th) and wondering if anyone would like to come along. I don't have much ice fishing experience so figured some company might help. I can provide carpooling if wanted and Timmy's!
Send me a msg if interested. BTW if you have an auger would be awesome if we can use that too. (also looking to buy a cheap used hand one if anyone has an old one they wanna get rid of).
Thanks,
Jay
Let us know how you make out...we're having our big gathering at Hasse on Monday. You should try to make it! :wave:

jpietrzak1979
12-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Let us know how you make out...we're having our big gathering at Hasse on Monday. You should try to make it! :wave:

Unless something happens I have to work monday unfortunately, tis why I'm heading out saturday.

Geezle
12-24-2009, 07:27 PM
Unless something happens I have to work monday unfortunately, tis why I'm heading out saturday.

Doh! Well good luck out there on Saturday, and if ghostguy is able to get out there with you he's a good guy to fish with :)

jpietrzak1979
12-26-2009, 07:08 PM
Well went out today alone but it was beautiful out and I managed to catch a few baby perch at hasse... then booted out to Jackfish which failed to live up to its name because I was only pulling in walleye (not that I'm complaining just saying hehe). All in all nice stuff. The ice was bout 10 inches ppl were driving around all over so guess we are officially solid.
Hopefully I can pop in monday for Hasse and find out your guys tricks for how to heck to find anything but baby perch in that lake, I'd kill for a trout.
Cheers!
(sorry no pics, I wanted to be quick in releasing the walleye as it took some time to get the hook outta his lip, ya believe he wasn't being cooperative?)

ghostguy6
12-26-2009, 07:16 PM
Sorry I didnt message you about today. Things got rather hecktic last night.

jpietrzak1979
12-27-2009, 12:08 AM
No worries, I was just happy not to get skunked, hard to complain bout that! Besides, always next time. :cool:

Team Corn
12-27-2009, 07:21 AM
Have you tried the Morinville Reservoir? There's perch but lots of pan sized rainbows as well.