PDA

View Full Version : Ice tent xmas gift for me tomorrow

SteveY66
12-25-2009, 06:28 PM
I'm treating myself to a new tent on boxing day. I've looked into tents and i decided i want the flip over style.

By the looks of it ill be purchasing the 2 man flip over designed by Clam.

What do you think im looking for something 2 man and flip over?

kinwahkly
12-25-2009, 06:33 PM
I bought a clam nanook and am very happy with it, hope you can find some most stores were sold out, also look at the Frabill, they will do the job for you as well, happy shopping.

brianscott
12-25-2009, 08:16 PM
Get the clam and dont bother putting in the seats, waste of space and weight
I took mine out today and it is much better without the seats.
Use a 5$ camping chair instead.
Gives you more storage and less clutter inside the set up tent

SCRUB
12-25-2009, 08:17 PM
I got a Clam Nanook for christmas and i think that i'm going to love this thing, pretty easy to put together, you will be happy with one.

Chris K
12-25-2009, 09:29 PM
My buddy bought a Clam Nanook, and I bought a Frabill Trekker 2. Another buddy of mine has the 2 man Otter with a bench. I like my Frabill more, and the sled is deeper than the Nanook. The clincher was how uncomfortable the little seats in the Nanook were, I had to go to the chiropractor the next day from sitting on that little seat. The Frabill was more expensive, but I felt it was a better product. Whatever you buy, have fun setting it up!

Chris K

tchow
12-25-2009, 10:18 PM
My buddy bought a Clam Nanook, and I bought a Frabill Trekker 2. Another buddy of mine has the 2 man Otter with a bench. I like my Frabill more, and the sled is deeper than the Nanook. The clincher was how uncomfortable the little seats in the Nanook were, I had to go to the chiropractor the next day from sitting on that little seat. The Frabill was more expensive, but I felt it was a better product. Whatever you buy, have fun setting it up!

Chris K

Have the Nanook also but took the Factory seats out. Put in comfy boat seats.
Did not attached the seat frame to the Tub, so I can use it as a roomy 1 man or 2 man.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/12345chow/100_0060.jpg

SteveY66
12-26-2009, 02:17 PM
well boys i bought the clam guide 2 man tent. i hope i made the right choice cause it looks beauty