PDA

View Full Version : Hasse Lake

big stack
12-26-2009, 09:44 AM
Hey all, I am gonna take my daughter out ice fishing for the first time on sunday and want to go somewhere close to edmonton. Does anyone know if Hasse would be a good lake to start? I am not too concerned about big fish, just makin sure that we get some fish so she will want to go again. I have a 4x4 but I am sure that there is probably too much snow to drive on the ice so I guess we would have to walk on. Any advice would be appreciated.

thorne
12-26-2009, 10:28 AM
just a quick suggestion, maybe you would want to try devils lake. you can just walk a little ways off shore, weedbeds are obvious...just drop a minnow down and wait, always a few pike around for a fun time..just a suggestion.

BigRackLover
12-26-2009, 10:32 AM
Hasse is great. You should find fish in no time at all!

Geezle
12-26-2009, 04:57 PM
Let us know how you make out! And if you're available on monday, you should come out for the gathering! :wave:

Paul C
12-26-2009, 06:40 PM
I would rather fish at Star Lake or go down the road to Salters Lake. There is a huge difference in the quality of the fish. I find Stars fish meat has a nice deep pink color. Here is todays catch. I caught lots of small ones before I caught this on. I have included a photo of the weapon I like to use.:evilgrin:
Cheers :D:)

jeezy187
12-26-2009, 08:37 PM
QUOTE=thorne;465130]just a quick suggestion, maybe you would want to try devils lake. you can just walk a little ways off shore, weedbeds are obvious...just drop a minnow down and wait, always a few pike around for a fun time..just a suggestion.

which shore do you go off of the start of the lake or by the cabins??how about perch, how are they in that lake?

Wulfespirit
12-26-2009, 08:40 PM
I would rather fish at Star Lake or go down the road to Salters Lake. There is a huge difference in the quality of the fish. I find Stars fish meat has a nice deep pink color. Here is todays catch. I caught lots of small ones before I caught this on. I have included a photo of the weapon I like to use.:evilgrin:
Cheers :D:)

Star was awfully slow for much of the summer... is it picking up again now?

Paul C
12-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Star was awfully slow for much of the summer... is it picking up again now? Star Lake rainbows are fussy but using the right fishing line makes all the difference. The fall fishing was a blast. First ice at 3 inched thick produced a wide variety of sizes. For the most part I fished in shallow water for the bigger ones. I have always done well close to shore. I would suggest that fresh minnow with a number 12 hook with 4 lb line. I tried 6 lb line but was missing those soft bites were missed. Ultra Light Fishing is the best way to get those fussy fish. Check out my custom rod I like use for trout.
Happy Trout Slaying :D

Wulfespirit
12-26-2009, 09:11 PM
Interesting! Never tried minnows for trout at our potholes. Thanks for the tips.

big stack
12-27-2009, 03:36 PM
well, we went out to hasse and caught a few small perch. Tons of bites but they were all really small so it was hard to even set the hook. All in all though it was a good time and my daughter had fun.

Geezle
12-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Glad to hear that you and your daughter had a good time out there today :) If it's not a huge secret, do you mind sharing what you were using for the perchies? And are you coming out to the gathering tomorrow? :wave:

big stack
12-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Cant go to the gathering. Working of course. We were using meal worms and maggots and both worked really well. Have fun!