PDA

View Full Version : One of those days

jjstar
12-26-2009, 03:03 PM
I think everyone has one.

I was fishing Cold lake today lots of ice for the truck so drove out. Trout are biting so - so several misses final get on on 1 cm under size. The wife is saying keep it anyways but I am not losing my truck over 1 cm. Fish start biting and wife gets another under size.. She is cursing me and threatening death as I throw it back now. So we have to be at a friends in 45 minutes so it is time to go. Reeling up fairly fast when the line stops... Fish on and it is a monster. back and forth finally make a little head way and it figures out it is hooked and really takes off. Line screaming out and reel jams. Pop 30 pound test snaps.. Peeved a little I reel in the slack line when my other dead line goes off. I run over and feel some weight so I set the hook. This one turns and just swims away I could not stop it as the braid was cutting into my hands I figured I would take my time.. I have plenty of line suddenly swims towards me and gone. Two biggest fish through the ice for sure and both got away within 5 mins of each other. Caught a 15 pounder laker and it had nothing on these two.. So time to go the wife is helping grab stuff. Hearing a banging I turn around and she is hitting the auger on the ice to clean it off... AGGGHHHH!! :mad2: Time to buy some new blades I guess..:o

Well round two on Sunday.. I think I will lend the wife some money to go shopping this time! So I can have some peace.

saltwater cowboy
12-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Hey Jstar, been on cold lake last winter and caught a few, even losing them is worth it when you get fish on like that for the fight alone. If you live there me and a few of the guys from the forum will be going there over the winter, welcome to come along and we will pick you brain:D
Salty

-JR-
12-27-2009, 12:47 PM
Sounds good sal****er ,just picked up a newer drill today ,when are you heading out I'm In !

Fishfinder
12-27-2009, 03:37 PM
Gr8 story:lol: Had to read it aloud to my fishn buddies! Nothing worse than losing a large fish:cry: All part of the game I spose arrrrrrr:) As for the auger, indeed, tuff break:lol::cry:

jjstar
12-27-2009, 10:41 PM
I will be here give me a PM before you show up and I Will pass on the rumors as that is what fishing is until they are on the ice!

Going back out tomorrow to give another shot.

I am leaving the Hammer at home.. I mean my wife