PDA

View Full Version : Ice Auger issue

fish-man
12-26-2009, 04:44 PM
I just got a power auger (first one ever, so I don't know much about them) for Christmas and I tried it out today. Starts well, drills well, only issue is it won't idle. As soon as you turn the choke lever towards "run" the blades start going, even without my touching the throttle, which makes the whole thing difficult to control. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or my fresh-out-of-the-box auger is screwed up somehow. Advice appreciated.

ULTRAlite
12-26-2009, 05:13 PM
Does it sound like it's idling fast, or more like a clutch issue? Either way, a call to the manufacturer should clear up what your next step should be.

ghostguy6
12-26-2009, 05:40 PM
sounds like it may been a carburator adjustment. Does it smell like it is getting to much gas and flooding or do you think it might be getting to little gas?

HILLYBILLYBARRY
12-26-2009, 07:04 PM
What make and model is it mines still in the box haven t tryed it yet !

backpacker
12-26-2009, 07:17 PM
From what you have said, I would say your high idle screw(on carburetor) is set to high. With it running, choke on.. slowly move the choke lever towards the run position and at the same time slowly turn the high idle screw until you can move the choke lever to the run position and the blade doesn't turn. On the carb you should see an "L" and an "H", indicating which screw is which.