PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Ice Rod Question

keljay
12-26-2009, 06:40 PM
Hey guys;

I received a Berkley Ice Rod combo as a Christmas present, and while I was checking it out today I noticed that the centre line guide is slightly offset. There are three guides total. I'm wondering if it's supposed to be this way or if it is broken? Any help would be appreciated as I'm supposed to go fishing tomorrow with a buddy.

Thanks

Geezle
12-26-2009, 06:47 PM
How offset is it? They're supposed to be in line, but if the one is just a little off it shouldn't be a problem.

WayneChristie
12-26-2009, 08:08 PM
might be just bent, if you are careful you should be able to bend it back . where you going fishing tomorrow? there are still perch in Enchant ;)

keljay
12-26-2009, 09:08 PM
It isn't bent too much, I managed to man handle it and straighten it out a bit. I took a look at the rest of the rods they were selling at Crappy Tire and they all seemed to be a bit off. I'm hoping it wont matter too much. I'd be more concerned if it were an open water rod where I'd be casting all the time.

Wayne, we're probably going to go to Michelle Reservoir, or maybe Acadia Valley. Me and him had some good luck with the 'bows up at Acadia back in early November. He's a bit of a trout nut, and doesn't seem to be interested in catching anything else. Plus he has the auger which means he gets to decide lol!!!