PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon Lake Report

Penner
12-27-2009, 08:02 AM
There is a fair amount of snow on the lake. A consistent 6" deep with drifted spots being about 10-12" deep. About 4" of surface water in some spots. 10" of clear ice with 2" of flood ice (measured). We walked out, would not recommend truck travel, and it would be 4x4 only. Sled or quad would work. Tons of snow in the ditches and bush.

I was a little slow on the hook sets as it was my first time out so I needed to shake off some rust and missed the first half dozen fish but still managed to rustle 6 out of the hole and lost 5 more under the ice. Most in the 20" range. Caught 1 nice Walleye and lost another. Seen a monster pike crawl by to boot. All C&R.

Will be back tomorrow for keeps now that I've shaken the rust off. Need some for the smoker.

buckbrushoutdoors
12-27-2009, 08:27 AM
im on my way rite now to pigeon i have 3 walleye tags yet so hopefully we get into them, a few wites would be a good bonus! where you fishing at mullhurst?

Penner
12-27-2009, 08:51 AM
North of Mulhurst.

angler1
12-27-2009, 09:06 AM
Hello Penner, just wondering how to access the lake now that they have barricaded the old entrance at Sandholm point? Was by there yesterday and seen several vehicles on the ice but not sure how they got there. Any info please. Brian

randster
12-27-2009, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the update!

Jayball
12-27-2009, 11:22 AM
Hello Penner, just wondering how to access the lake now that they have barricaded the old entrance at Sandholm point? Was by there yesterday and seen several vehicles on the ice but not sure how they got there. Any info please. Brian

There are a number of public boat launches in the sandholm johnsonia area. Snow is deep but you can get with 4x4.

We are out at our cabin right now in mulhurst and have seen no vehicles on the ice... Just sleds. Lake access off mulhurst boat is open but snow is deep.

saltwater cowboy
12-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the report, plan on getting out there next week, will probably take the sled with this snow. Anyone seeing any whites there?
Salty

Penner
12-27-2009, 01:00 PM

They probably came down from Sundance or came up from Mulhurst. I use to drive on at Sandholm, was not aware they have barricaed the access to that point off???

I parked at a buddies parents cabin and just walk onto the ice from there. You would not catch me driving on yet. Way too risky.

buckmaster
12-27-2009, 02:48 PM
They probably came down from Sundance or came up from Mulhurst. I use to drive on at Sandholm, was not aware they have barricaed the access to that point off???

I parked at a buddies parents cabin and just walk onto the ice from there. You would not catch me driving on yet. Way too risky.

Hi Penner, are you talking about the johnsonia boat launch or the sanholm community hall where the access is closed off ?

angler1
12-28-2009, 08:01 AM
The access south of the Sandholm hall has been barricaded by the county due to complaints by a certain cottage owner who does not like people parking on the road allowance or blocking his view when on the lake in front of his place. Does anyone kmow where this Johnsonia boat launch is from Sandholm store? Oh ya as of yesterday there was not one truck track on the ice in front of Mulhurst, the ramp area looked pretty drifted in.