PDA

View Full Version : Gap Lake Conditions

tbosch
12-27-2009, 10:27 AM
Just wondering if anyone has been out to gap lake or anywhere in the area down the north fork road. I'm thinking of quadding in to gap later in the week and wondering how much snow there is in the area.

kaleh01
12-27-2009, 11:46 AM
My parents live at strachan near the HWY 752 turnoff to the north fork road and they have a good foot or more of snow, I could only expect that it would be worse up that way. I wanted to go myself, but decided against it even with my Ranger 6x6 UTV. If you give it a go, be sure to post your results! Good luck, bring a shovel and probably best to have at least two machines with winches and a good tow strap to be safe.

tbosch
12-29-2009, 08:16 AM
Thanks buddy. I figured there would be at least a foot of snow out there. As long as the bog is frozen im sure we can get in there. Both machines have agressive tires with studs and winches. Shovels and towropes stay with the machine all year round. Out of curiosity how do those 6x6's do in the snow?

kaleh01
12-29-2009, 01:34 PM
We went out on Burnstick on Christmas Eve and it was awesome. I'm gonna put two sets of chains on the rear tires and it will be unbelievable! Broke through the overflow slush/ice that was about 8" deep and had no problems whatsoever. Did you get into Gap, how was it?

tbosch
12-29-2009, 01:44 PM
Hey Kaleh. Thats right on buddy. I wasnt sure how they would do in the deep stuff but it sounds like they boot along no prob.
We didnt make it out to gap unfortunately. Ended up in the hospital all weekend with my wife due to emergency gall bladder removal. :cry:We may give er a go this weekend though if the wifes feeling good enough to be left alone. I'd like to get on burntstick and beaver one of these days too. Gonna have to book some holidays for jan I guess..