PDA

View Full Version : Ghost River Off the Trunk Road

Steven Noel
12-27-2009, 09:51 PM
After reading Barry Mitchell's The Forestry Trunk Road: Albertas Trout Highway book, I have become curiuos about the Ghost River. We've driven past it many, many times, but never fished it. I am typicaly a smaller stream sort of guy, and am curious how far an individual would have to drive up the bush road that parrelels it before it becomes a managable size. Also, how is the road? We have a 4x4 but have been told the road can get pretty dicey.

Any info would be apprecaited. Steven.

Tides and Tales
12-28-2009, 11:15 AM
I used to fish the Ghost and its tribs long ago. Yes there is fish in it, and it can be good. It is a really nice little stream, and we would often try around the Waiparous village. I remember catching whitefish, brookies, and the occasional bull. I would think that there must be some cutties or rainbows also, but I don't remember catching any! From what I recall, prince nymphs and olive hairs ears worked good! Maybe one day when I am not guiding on the coast, I will get a chance to go there again, as I have many fond memories of this beautiful stream. Please catch and release.
cheers,
Mike