PDA

View Full Version : Looking to hit the Hard water

loyaleddie
12-28-2009, 09:45 AM
Looking to hit some hard water around Edmonton. I am trying to introduce hard water fishing to a 3 and 5 year old. So ice safety is a must for their them...any advice on ice condition and how the fishing is going would be cool

Thanks

:)

TrollGRG
12-28-2009, 10:14 AM
Check out the thread on "AO - Hard water gathering ... Edmonton area" also in this catagory.

ghostguy6
12-28-2009, 06:57 PM
Hasse lake has about 12". Loads of small perch that would make great fishing for kids. Did manage to see one small jack down the hole too. Just walk out about 100 meters from the boat launch. We fished about 12 ft of water.

loyaleddie
12-28-2009, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the tips. I think Hasse might be worth a try:cool:

Geezle
12-29-2009, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the tips. I think Hasse might be worth a try:cool:

Your kids will definitely have a blast at Hasse. If you have a tent you'll be in awesome shape...the fish were within 4' under the ice, so you could just see them swarming your hook, and should totally keep the kids entertained :) If you don't have a tent to block out the light it's kinda tough to see them down the hole.

I was using a small (1/64oz) white jig with a maggot and nabbed 40+ baby perch out of there yesterday...may want to try some Gulp! maggots though...they'll stay on the hook longer and the perch aren't picky...I even brought a few up on the jig with no bait :)

loyaleddie
12-29-2009, 09:45 AM
Thanks again guys I think we will hit Hassie....I got a tent, and a heater. Two staple pieces of equipment for kids that age...Truth be told, I havent fished hard water for 13 years...So if you see a guy with two boys looking like a bad red green episode thats us...

:p

loyaleddie
12-30-2009, 06:40 PM
Had a sweet time at Hasse. Ice was approx 13" thick. Couple of dudes were driving on it. Not sure i would be as comfortable.

anyhoo

Fishing was fun lots of little perch nothing of any size but my Boys had a Blast seeing the fish through the ice and caught a pile of them. I would highly recommend this place to take kids to. Thanks for the tips.

Geezle
12-30-2009, 07:02 PM
Glad to hear you guys had a good time out there...definitely a fun place to take the kidlets :)