PDA

View Full Version : chip Lake

kokanee
12-30-2009, 10:46 AM
Anybody been out to chip lake lately? last i heard was 6" of flood water all over the lake. just wondering if the lake has froze anymore?

thanks

Chopper
12-30-2009, 09:50 PM
I hear they're catching 17 pounders down at Leaman

Wulfespirit
12-30-2009, 10:14 PM
Leaman the west end?

kreator
12-31-2009, 08:27 AM
Does this lake winterkill frequently? I've always heard about small snaky jacks and nothing else.

jrmoyan
12-31-2009, 08:57 AM
we uasally catch lots of jacks more small ones but pull a couple out at 18 lbs last and tons of ling

kokanee
12-31-2009, 04:17 PM
yup there all mostly in the 2-3 pd range..fun lake to fish though
has anybody been out lately? if somene caught a 17 pd'er by leaman i take it they are driving on the lake cause thats one heck of walk

atka
01-03-2010, 09:01 PM
So did anybody go out there this weekend or any update on the ice condition? What about the river to access the lake.

Hard Water
01-04-2010, 01:03 PM
hey just out there 2 days ago skidooing , some flood water here and there , but no big deal , big 1 ton trucks driving all accross the lake , stoped to chat a couple guys and they had lots of fish one was a 10 or so pounds, my dad caught one 17 pounds , go north on leaman road to bridge then go down river to the lake, thats what all the locals do , lots of ice , no flood water where everbody is fishing , gotta go out a ways for that, if ya head strait out to the big island there is people catching there also,good luck and have fun!!!!!!

Izumi
01-04-2010, 01:39 PM
I haven't tried Chip since 08, we tried the river route but somebody's dogs chased us off. I thought I saw a post awhile back that this was a AOF members property? Whats the deal with this access? Is the Lobstick here on public property?

Hard Water
01-04-2010, 01:55 PM
ya its all public property , what ya need for them dogs is a shotgun , hahahaha, but seriuosly , go right ahead and drive down the river, you just cant fish right in the river though,gotta be out a little ways,you 'll see where everyones been fishing, i 've never seen any dogs there though,if I would have ,belive me it would be the last time anybody seen dogs chasing anybody around ,or off the lake ,thats for sure, so go ahead , nobody can stop you!

Izumi
01-04-2010, 02:02 PM
ya its all public property , what ya need for them dogs is a shotgun , hahahaha, but seriuosly , go right ahead and drive down the river, you just cant fish right in the river though,gotta be out a little ways,you 'll see where everyones been fishing, i 've never seen any dogs there though,if I would have ,belive me it would be the last time anybody seen dogs chasing anybody around ,or off the lake ,thats for sure, so go ahead , nobody can stop you!

Haha thanks buddy!

Izumi
01-04-2010, 04:31 PM
So you actually drive down the river? We were just going to walk (a long walk) How is getting on and off the ice? My memory is not very good but I thought the banks were pretty steep at the bridge.

atka
01-04-2010, 10:17 PM
From what I remember last year it is fairly steep but not to bad just drive down where everybody else does, you shouldn't have any problems.

cks
01-04-2010, 10:19 PM
The bank is pretty steep but you shouldn't have any problems until it gets warm and icy the guy I was with today was driving a 2 wheel drive and he made it no problem. So long as you stay in the tracks you shouldn't have to worry about flood water out on the lake.

kokanee
01-05-2010, 08:37 AM
thanks for the update guys..im heading there thursday for the day
How was the fishing cks?

Hard Water
01-05-2010, 12:16 PM
heading there in 10 min , fish are bitting like crazy , dont forget yer bacon!!!!!!!!! ya the banks not too bad , even so there is always a friendly local from wildwood who will probably help ya out if ya need it, good luck see ya on the ice................

kokanee
01-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Was there all day yesterday..fish were biting like crazy all morning out by the island
tried over by the park in the afternoon and the fishing really slowed down
tried for burbot for an hour after dark by the mouth with no luck.

All in all though it was good day out

kreator
01-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Does anybody know what the maximum depth of this lake is?

Izumi
01-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Does anybody know what the maximum depth of this lake is?

Only 10 feet.

kreator
01-08-2010, 05:32 PM
I've always been interested in this lake. I thought it would have been deeper than that! How does it not winterkill completely every year?

Izumi
01-08-2010, 05:41 PM
We were just talking about that the other day.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=24466&highlight=Chip

Oh wow turns out it was a year ago... where does the time go..