PDA

View Full Version : Grassy Lake

tarpstrapp
12-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Any one been out to grassy Lske?

keljay
12-30-2009, 05:11 PM
I read on another forum that it's pretty much dead. If you're up for a longer drive, I'd recommend Blood Indian for some decent rainbow fishing. I was up there on Sunday and between 5 of us we managed 21 'bows.

mtbkr
12-30-2009, 05:24 PM
Grassi lakes have a very few small fish in them. I don't really think they'd be worth your while. Also, could get fished out real easy. I've heard Spray is supposed to be good.

Anyone know anything about Grotto Pond? I'm a strict C&R guy btw..

nicemustang
12-30-2009, 06:19 PM
Are you talking Sherburne? If so, I heard perch fishing was good.

fisherwoman
12-30-2009, 06:36 PM
If we are talking about sherburn, we went out there on boxing day, in the evening. Pretty dead, 6 guys and 1 bite the whole time. I have heard good things about the perch there as well, but our luck was not with us that day

Perchfisher
12-30-2009, 10:33 PM
Fished out there four times this season and had a good feed every night when I got back home. Has been better in the past but they sure are tasty little beggers.

madatter
12-31-2009, 12:35 PM
We were at Grassy for a few hours on Tueasday and it was very slow for us and everybody else.
Guy driving around on a quad was talkin to everybody and said no one was gettin much......

tarpstrapp
12-31-2009, 09:14 PM
yes i meant sherburn, thanks for the up dates

munyee4321
01-02-2010, 01:11 AM
How this is the ice at sherburne? safe to drive on too? planing on heading there in the morning?

Grizzly
01-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Ice is thick enough.
It was drifted really bad. Walked in from the main entrance. Guys started plowing through around 10 or 11....
But i only have a 2wd. so that wasnt an option.

Perch was next to Nill today..

Has anyone had any walleye or pike success? whats the key if you dont mind sharing...

Perchfisher
01-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Hey Grizz were they able to get onto the ice with their trucks once they busted to the boat launch

Grizzly
01-02-2010, 10:02 PM
you bet.
access to the lake shouldnt be an issue anymore...
good luck

munyee4321
01-02-2010, 11:27 PM
Got out today on the west end fished for 2 hours kept 8 perch 3 over 10inches threw back lots of little ones. Didnt drive on though i could have but didnt seeing as how everyone else didnt that was there.

madatter
01-02-2010, 11:39 PM
Tons of ice at Grassy and guys have been driving on it for a couple of weeks,so have I......too bad fishin has sucked for me:lol:
Funny thing is that 40 Mile Coulee has way less ice than Grassy and can't be more than 15 miles away.

MuleyMonster
01-08-2010, 06:40 PM
Just wondering how Grassy is fishing and what access is like. With all the snow blowing in around Medicine Hat finding it hard to get on a perch lake for the kids. Grassy has always done good from me East of the boat launch. Is the trail open or is it strickly driving on the ice? Hate driving on the ice after going through a couple of years ago and especially with the wife's suburban:lol:

madatter
01-08-2010, 07:28 PM
Just wondering how Grassy is fishing and what access is like. With all the snow blowing in around Medicine Hat finding it hard to get on a perch lake for the kids. Grassy has always done good from me East of the boat launch. Is the trail open or is it strickly driving on the ice? Hate driving on the ice after going through a couple of years ago and especially with the wife's suburban:lol:

Man if you go thru there now it must be your destiny cause theres probably been hundreds of trucks all over that lake.....18" of ice everywhere I've drilled:D
BTW I've fished east of the launch,30 to 50" and had little action...along with most people.
Theres alot of snow out there so gettin onto the lake could be iffy and the trail heading east of launch is probably plugged up....