PDA

View Full Version : Snipe Lake, Valleyview...Ice & Fishing????

wannabeafisherman
12-30-2009, 05:47 PM
Heading to Valleyview with the wife next week, she's already bustin' me she's going to kick my butt and wondering if anyone knows ice conditions on Snipe. Thickness? Anyone been driving on the lake? Never fished here before, any good spots for perch? Or Walleye? How has the action been?

Appreciate any info given........

GummyMonster
12-31-2009, 09:07 AM
Morning,
There has been a couple posts about snipe lake in the last couple weeks on here. Pretty sure the ice is drive on thick.I'll let you look back so I don't misquote anyone.(that could start trouble on this board:lol::lol:)
I am not an expert on snipe, but have always had good luck on the campground side of of the lake for whites and some bigger perch.(also lots of tiny ones that can be a pain when they show up!)
This seem's to be a hard lake to get info on, but a few good guys on here are willing to share.
Hoping to get there soon myself, let us know how you do!
Good luck, hope this helps a bit.
:evilgrin:Ken:evilgrin:

wannabeafisherman
01-04-2010, 07:28 AM
Thanks Ken,
Appreciate the info, have checked other posts and is short on info. looks like the weather will be real nice on Friday for everybody. hope to get a few fat perch and couple Wallies. Will let you know how it goes. Good luck to all

jacob1202
01-04-2010, 11:45 AM
ive been on it twice this year so far... ice is plenty thick... limited out on very nice perch both days and caught 7 whites... i fish the north east side straight out from the oil road access... about 100 yards the water is approx 10-12 ft deep there... hope that helps you out... also there is a large weed bed on the north side of the lake... good for pike and walleye there...

Mondeta
01-04-2010, 07:05 PM
i', heading there this weekend as well - looking like Saturday for sure. I'm heading to the far side of the lake near the campground. I've had great luck in the past. Really looking forward to it. Might see you out there! Good fishing!!

wannabeafisherman
01-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Thanks for the info everyone, greatly appreciated. Going out Friday for 3 days. Looks like the weather is going to be great finally. Wife is packing already and has the spots marked on the map and gearin' me on how she's going kick my azz. And so it starts. Will post the mosters after, if all goes well.

:D:D:D