PDA

View Full Version : sylvan today

paulsbeenfishin
12-30-2009, 06:28 PM
Had a great day. Threw back a pile of walleye but no big pike that I was looking for..

fallen1817
12-30-2009, 09:43 PM
Where abouts were you on the lake?

I got out for a few hours. Right off the Marina in town. Saw two perch and my brother landed a pike that probably measured 60 cm.

-Jeff

bronco2
12-31-2009, 08:02 AM
hey guys, not to pry but are "wetaskiwins" still working in Sylvan. I think the last time I was out there was in 1981 with my grandparents and that was all anybody had. Reason I remember this was because there were a pile of ling (Burbot) on the ice and my Grandma was picking them all up. Anybody who hooked into one would just throw it as far as they could once they got it out of the hole. Stinkin Ling they were all saying.

paulsbeenfishin
12-31-2009, 09:18 AM
Where abouts were you on the lake?

I got out for a few hours. Right off the Marina in town. Saw two perch and my brother landed a pike that probably measured 60 cm.

-Jeff

Need to be in deeper water, 30 to 40 ft.

Drano
01-01-2010, 11:23 AM
hey guys, not to pry but are "wetaskiwins" still working in Sylvan. I think the last time I was out there was in 1981 with my grandparents and that was all anybody had. Reason I remember this was because there were a pile of ling (Burbot) on the ice and my Grandma was picking them all up. Anybody who hooked into one would just throw it as far as they could once they got it out of the hole. Stinkin Ling they were all saying.

Yes it is amazing what people will toss out.I guess until word gets around how good burbot really is to eat, then this will continue to be what happens.

:wave::wave:

pecker
01-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Yes it is amazing what people will toss out.I guess until word gets around how good burbot really is to eat, then this will continue to be what happens.

:wave::wave:

Drano - that was in 1981.;):wave:

Drano
01-01-2010, 06:33 PM
Drano - that was in 1981.;):wave:

Yes I know that but when you read the posts on here other people do the same with suckers and other certain species. nowadays.:wave::wave: