PDA

View Full Version : Pine Lake Advice

loopyalcsel
01-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Going there for the first time ever tomorrow and was hoping someone had some suggestions on where to fish and how thick the ice is. Thanks

Albertadiver
01-01-2010, 07:54 PM
Ice is about 13" So be careful, could still be thin spots, especially where it's shallow at green acres.

Doesn't look like anyone has pushed a trail across the whole lake yet. I was fishing there yesterday.

Just look for huts near scotty's and go in that vicinity. Give people some space though.

I stopped at the North end, and there are shacks out, but they're not very deep.

tbosch
01-03-2010, 09:49 AM
I was on the north end yesterday. I saw a few brave souls drive across the two springs to the next bay to the south. We had about 15" of ice where we were. I rode my quad to the south end and ran in to flood water in 5 different places. I'd stick to the far north end or near scottys like diver recommended. We caught two nice pike and missed a half dozen or so. The ol ice fishing reactions were a little rusty being the first trip out this year.

loopyalcsel
01-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Made it out yesterday and ended up fishing just south of Scotty's. We were fishing in 20 feet of water to start with no success so went shallower to 8 feet and managed to get one pike up the hole. Looked like it was a pretty slow day for everyone out there. Don't think I will be back anytime soon, stick to what I know south of Calgary.