PDA

View Full Version : A question about Waders

Bucky
01-01-2010, 07:22 PM
I've never had the opportunity to use a wader system that involves chest waders and wading boots always the Canadian tire specials. Well for X-mas the wife got me a set of Orivs Pro Guide 3 waders and Cabela's Ultra Light weight boots. ( which proves if you constantly talk about something Santa sometimes listens) My question is the neopene boots are so big they bunch up in the boot. Even though they are the right size. Are Orvis waders set up only to be used with their boots? Anyone else have this problem or know how to solve it.

DarkAisling
01-01-2010, 07:39 PM
If I remember correctly, the Orvis waders are sized to cover two or three shoes sizes. It could be that you're the smallest of the sizes the waders are supposed to fit.

My first thought is to call a dive shop to see if they have (or know) of anyone who can alter neoprene clothing. That would probably mean a trip into Edmonton for you.

My second thought, which would be a big pain in the arse, would be to try the same size wader with a smaller boot size, if available. That would mean returning your waders, getting another pair shipped out, and potentially discovering that the boot was too small.

fishinisgood
01-01-2010, 08:30 PM
I have a pair of hodgeman that I bought off ebay and I have the same problem let us know if you find a solution.

Bucky
01-01-2010, 08:50 PM
I have a pretty normal size 10 nothing too wide, but these boots seems like they were designed for someone with feet as wide as they are long.

bloom
01-01-2010, 09:53 PM
Not sure if the wading boots are your 'shoe size' but if so, you should always get the wading boots at least one size bigger to account for neoprene waders.

Not sure if you can return them, but it's nice to take your waders into a store to try on boots as some of the neoprene booties are thicker than others.

Bud Leight
01-02-2010, 12:20 AM
I've never had the opportunity to use a wader system that involves chest waders and wading boots always the Canadian tire specials. Well for X-mas the wife got me a set of Orivs Pro Guide 3 waders and Cabela's Ultra Light weight boots. ( which proves if you constantly talk about something Santa sometimes listens) My question is the neopene boots are so big they bunch up in the boot. Even though they are the right size. Are Orvis waders set up only to be used with their boots? Anyone else have this problem or know how to solve it.

Yes, I have had this problem several times.
No fix.

notagoodtroutfisher
01-02-2010, 08:05 AM
I have the same waders with a different boot. My stockingfoot size is 11, and boot size is 12. Yes, at first they do bunch up. But as you start walking mine get more comfortable.

italk2u
01-02-2010, 10:38 AM
I have the same waders with a different boot. My stockingfoot size is 11, and boot size is 12. Yes, at first they do bunch up. But as you start walking mine get more comfortable.
Basically the same issue for me..I have a size 9 foot with a size 10 boot...i got rid of the bunching by using a heavier pair of socks.

bbbhunter
01-02-2010, 02:04 PM
I have a solution for your other problem...I like to do as much fly fishing as I can, anywhere I can, We both live in Wct...what a coincidence!:wave::wave:

Bucky
01-02-2010, 04:28 PM
I have a solution for your other problem...I like to do as much fly fishing as I can, anywhere I can, We both live in Wct...what a coincidence!:wave::wave:
Sure, always looking to get out fly fishing.

TroutHunter
01-02-2010, 06:15 PM
Yes, I have had this problem several times.
No fix.
You're an Idiot!