PDA

View Full Version : Ice 55 figured out

kinwahkly
01-02-2010, 06:31 PM
I finally figured out my Ice 55 hummingbird, after last week was very dissapointed with my 55 in deeper water on single beam, in 75 to 80 feet of water my flasher could not pick up my jig on the screen, it was okay on wide beam but not in single and also in wide beam it was picking up holes quite far away, so after some research I took off the support cable and float and just used the main line with the transducer attache, worked great, it picked up a tiny maggott all the way to the bottom on the screen , I used the zoom also and it was very precise, used it all day today and still have 75 % battery life, overall pretty happy, you do have to turn the gain quite high on single beam to pick up smaller items in deep water, I had it up to 40 out of 50 on gain but was crystal clear.

AL

pikester
01-02-2010, 08:33 PM
I finally figured out my Ice 55 hummingbird, after last week was very dissapointed with my 55 in deeper water on single beam, in 75 to 80 feet of water my flasher could not pick up my jig on the screen, it was okay on wide beam but not in single and also in wide beam it was picking up holes quite far away, so after some research I took off the support cable and float and just used the main line with the transducer attache, worked great, it picked up a tiny maggott all the way to the bottom on the screen , I used the zoom also and it was very precise, used it all day today and still have 75 % battery life, overall pretty happy, you do have to turn the gain quite high on single beam to pick up smaller items in deep water, I had it up to 40 out of 50 on gain but was crystal clear.

AL

Good to hear you're figuring out the 55 & enjoying it as much as I am mine:D I've only had mine out 3 times since buying it but it's already paying off since eight of the fish I've caught on those trips were fish I never would have caught otherwise including saving me from a skunk on Newell last week! The only problem I have is if I'm using a rig with two or three hooks as well as a split ring or swivel I have to turn the gain way down or else there is too much clutter. I never would have thought it would be so sensitive as to pick up a 3/32" split ring:eek:!

kinwahkly
01-02-2010, 09:55 PM
Yes very sensitive, just have to keep an eye wich one is youre bait or jig, at Spray today there were 3 Fish I would have never caught without a flasher