PDA

View Full Version : old forgotten lakes!!

180+
01-02-2010, 07:10 PM
During this past hunting season we encountered a little lake in western alberta!!! This lake is just off a major hiway in plain view but tottally surrounded by private land!! This lake maybe 20 acres in size!! So we got talkin to the farmer about access which was not a problem!! So I ask him about the lake and he tells me the name, and I ask him about any fish!! He said it winter killed 15 years ago an nobody ever fished it since!! Well we hit it today and took us awhile but we located a school of perch that would make everybody jealous!! Not sure how to post pictures and video yet but we are hittin it next weekend with our kids!!!! This lake is 24 feet deep in the place we were catchin em but the old alberta lake directory I have listed it to 30 feet!! Any guesses the farmer said that a local fish and game association approached him 12 years ago about stocking it but he said the government got involved!!:wave:

fourty12
01-02-2010, 07:40 PM
That sounds like an awsome find. I have been trying to find a good perch lake closer to home. Lucky you! I guess your lake would fall under provincial regs or is it listed?

180+
01-02-2010, 07:44 PM
It not listed in the regs but there is literature on it!! If you drive on any secondary hiways west of edmonton and do some research it is easy to find!!!:tongue2:

mooseknuckle
01-02-2010, 10:26 PM
same story I hit a lake this summer that was drastically lower than it was 20 years ago when my family had a cabin there. I spoke with a local there that said he had not seen anyone try fishing there in over 10 years.... well although I'm sure you would lose a leg if you attempted to launch a boat there I took out the canoe and alot of success with the pike. Now it's like my own little personal pike heaven.

packhuntr
01-03-2010, 06:43 AM
180+,,, are you drunk!:(