PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever fish Ministikewan??

CountryRoadz
01-04-2010, 09:51 AM
I fished a couple of Saskatchewan lakes on the weekend including Ministikewan about 1.5 hours North East of Lloydminster. There is supposed to be some big Walleye and Pike in there. We only had 1 hit all day but what ever hit had some kick . I had to perform a dive that would have made Baitfisher proud to to grab my rod as it was headed southbound and down.

Never did get to see what it was but I saved my good rod.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has fished this lake and has any suggestions where to fish it.

Looking forward to coming home and fishing CVR this weekend.

CR

Ken07AOVette
01-04-2010, 06:21 PM
I fished ministikiwan, and the best place to fish is any other lake.

Seriously.

I wouldn't call what we did for 3 days fishing, it was more wasting gas, getting sunburnt, and staying in overpriced gross disgusting cabins, and pulling weeds off.

Go to Moose or Kehewin, beaverdam, crane, frenchman, cold, frog, long, wolf, poplar, anywhere other than ministikiwan.

Never again.

mikeo2
01-04-2010, 07:40 PM
its not as bad as ken makes it out to be. Ice fishing is tough there for some reason. Not many people ice fish it. Spring can produce awsome walleye, limits of 4 and 5 pound fish. Lake usually produces 1 or 2 20 pound plus pike a summer. Can catch piles of hammer handles as well. I have always had decent luck and if I wanted a feed of fish or some for the smoker it usually produces enough pike for that.

Lantzd
01-04-2010, 08:06 PM
It is definately no were near what that guy is describing. It is harder to fish in the winter for sure but we have never had ny problem limiting out in the winter. If you dont find the areas then ya, it will be crappy. There is only ONE spot on the lake were we have ever caught a fish in the winter but once you find it you will have a awsome time... PM me countryroadz and ill see if i can help ya out with the area, my GPS has the co-ordinates but it was stolen out of the truck along with my camera from this hunting season....

Ken07AOVette
01-04-2010, 08:37 PM
If you had bothered to ready my reply, you 'should' have caught on that I was there in summer, with the boat.

I have never tried ice fishing there.

After wasting the $$ for the non-resident fishing license, there is NFW I would go back when the water is hard.

theycallmeNoah
01-04-2010, 08:43 PM
I've never had any luck there either. And don't bother going across the road to Little Fishing Lake either...it should be called very Little Fishing :lol:

My Uncle lives in Paradise Hill and knows all the great fishing places unfortunately I never know where we are!! I just know that I catch fish when I'm with him!

Bushmaster
01-04-2010, 09:44 PM
Been a few years since I've been there but I used to guide for bears in the area and stayed at the lake for a few weeks in the spring. Caught my limit of walleye every day....

Drano
01-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Fished it!!! I can't even pronounce it!!!:lol::lol::wave:

linemanpete
01-05-2010, 07:57 AM
Little Fishing Lake either...it should be called very Little Fishing :lol:

I've got a cabin there and spend many a weekend reeling walleye and pike, just got to know the spots where they hang out.:D

theycallmeNoah
01-05-2010, 02:09 PM
I've got a cabin there and spend many a weekend reeling walleye and pike, just got to know the spots where they hang out.:D

You must have a Midas Touch. I've been going there pretty much every summer for about 15 years and I've only ever caught one fish and that was by accident. My reel had just conked out and as hubby was trying to help me we snagged a fish.