PDA

View Full Version : Devil's Lake

J-C
01-05-2010, 09:13 PM
I know there is quite a bit of information on this lake but i was wondering where a few decent spots are? North, South, East, West side of the lake? Any information is greatly appreciated.

dezmo
01-10-2010, 11:07 AM
there are no fish at devils lake the jack fish have taken over tons of jack no perch and if there is any there very small. i've fished this lake lot's and it sucks now.

goober
01-10-2010, 12:35 PM
I know there is quite a bit of information on this lake but i was wondering where a few decent spots are? North, South, East, West side of the lake? Any information is greatly appreciated.

there are no fish at devils lake the jack fish have taken over tons of jack no perch and if there is any there very small. i've fished this lake lot's and it sucks now.

So there are no fish at Devils but Jack have taken over and there are tonnes of Jack? Interesting comment!:huh:

Devils offers a good opportunity to go and have a fun day catching lots of Pike. They are relatively small and you most likely will not catch a legal sized Pike but you can catch lots of them. There are still Perch in there but just harder to find. When you do find them you will be rewarded in a big way! I think Devils still holds some of the biggest Perch in the Edmonton area just much tougher to find. I pulled numerous 10+" fish out of there last winter and even last summer. You must be very careful fishing this lake in the winter as it is full of springs and this creates some weak (thin) ice in spots.:wave:

Safety D
01-10-2010, 05:22 PM
That lake is DEAD

Paul C
01-10-2010, 05:40 PM
So there are no fish at Devils but Jack have taken over and there are tonnes of Jack? Interesting comment!:huh::huh::huh::huh:

Devils offers a good opportunity to go and have a fun day catching lots of Pike. They are relatively small and you most likely will not catch a legal sized Pike but you can catch lots of them. There are still Perch in there but just harder to find. When you do find them you will be rewarded in a big way! I think Devils still holds some of the biggest Perch in the Edmonton area just much tougher to find. I pulled numerous 10+" fish out of there last winter and even last summer. You must be very careful fishing this lake in the winter as it is full of springs and this creates some weak (thin) ice in spots.:wave:X2 If you find the perch it is a bonus. Some people do not know how good it is at devils lake.

J-C
01-10-2010, 06:06 PM
If there are any fish i sure don't know where they are cause i caught a whole lot of nothing today. all along the north side was a line of people fishing.

pistolkidd
01-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Was out there on Saturday we were fishing in 15 feet of water fishing was slow,Tried deeper nothing, Tried in about 6-8 ft jacks were biting must have had 10-15 from noon to 3 o clock

dezmo
01-12-2010, 05:38 PM
like i said lots of jack and ya there are some big perch left in that lake but it aint like it use to be. there are jumbos but if you do get into them you better pitch a tent and stay there all night.cause you don't get into them very often.:ashamed: