PDA

View Full Version : camping near Rocky? lakes, etc. advice

bowchaser
07-30-2007, 04:16 PM
Hi, haven't spent much time up that way and was thinking about it for the upcoming weekend. I am looking for a quiet campground at a lake with decent fishing, swimable lake, smaller campground, in the trees a must. Services not too important but a bonus. Was looking at cow lake, swan lake. Any advice is appreciated.

thanks.

Lethalconnection
07-30-2007, 05:36 PM
Was at swan lake about a month ago, good camping but the lake i found was dirty, muddy bottom, not very deep and not a fish all weekend.

jjht65
07-30-2007, 06:10 PM
Twin Lakes: Small campground, lots of trees, fishing (rainbow trout) and swimming shouldn't be a problem.

Cow Lake: Nice campground, lots of trees, playground & swimming area. A boat is needed for fishing.

Mitchell Lake:Very small setting, lots of trees, quiet area fishing (perch).

I hope this helps you.

bearbuster
07-30-2007, 11:01 PM
Burnstick lake West of Caroline. Good fishing for pike Boat would help, nice campground and a small beach

Remi
08-01-2007, 08:59 AM
You could also try Peppers Lake. It's a ways West of Caroline near Rams Falls. Good little fishing lake for stocked brookies (electric motors only) and a great camping area. The gravel road is a bit long and a little bit rough. It's actually fine for most but not if you get car sick real easy or you baby your trailer, then maybe not. Hope this helps.

Remi

Unregistered user
08-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Medicine lake.