PDA

View Full Version : Sylvan Lake Pike

TexasTornado
01-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Does anyone know where the pike went to? I haven't seen a pike in over 10trips out now? Seems kind of bizzare to me...........

floppychicken
01-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Ten trips out and no Snot Rockets ? That's a little bit weird....
Man, I remember hammering those things like CRAZY during the Summer, Spring and Fall. I'm surprised that the Winter is so different !

I have to admit that some of the BIGGEST Freshwater FISH that I have EVER seen was in THAT lake. I saw two (2) in one day that were absolute FREAKIN' Monsters :scared: I would say that there is a good chance that the next Alberta TROPHY PIKE is in that body of water.

Cheers,

/FC...

TexasTornado
01-07-2010, 03:20 PM
I agree and have said the same thing many times......

tchow
01-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Does anyone know where the pike went to? I haven't seen a pike in over 10trips out now? Seems kind of bizzare to me...........

First thing first: Good to see you're back

Secondly: Stop Icefishing at the local Arena:lol::lol::lol::cool:

PM sent bud

d bowhunter
01-07-2010, 10:06 PM
Go straight out from honeymoon bay to where all the shacks are, get in about 15ft of water use smelts on the bottom. Was there last Sun caught 2 pike and had about a 10lber lay right in front of my camera for about 10 mins. Good luck Dave

TexasTornado
01-08-2010, 08:04 AM
Go straight out from honeymoon bay to where all the shacks are, get in about 15ft of water use smelts on the bottom. Was there last Sun caught 2 pike and had about a 10lber lay right in front of my camera for about 10 mins. Good luck Dave

Halfmoon Bay?

mooseknuckle
01-08-2010, 09:56 AM
Ten trips out and no Snot Rockets ? That's a little bit weird....
Man, I remember hammering those things like CRAZY during the Summer, Spring and Fall. I'm surprised that the Winter is so different !

I have to admit that some of the BIGGEST Freshwater FISH that I have EVER seen was in THAT lake. I saw two (2) in one day that were absolute FREAKIN' Monsters :scared: I would say that there is a good chance that the next Alberta TROPHY PIKE is in that body of water.

Cheers,

/FC...

Haven't been out there in a few years myself but it is weird not seeing them? However I have to disagree on the trophy pike status. with the C&R at wabamun and the size of the ones we hauled out of there just yesterday!! I'd have to say Wabamun is the the next "TROPHY PIKE" lake.

Wulfespirit
01-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Haven't been out there in a few years myself but it is weird not seeing them? However I have to disagree on the trophy pike status. with the C&R at wabamun and the size of the ones we hauled out of there just yesterday!! I'd have to say Wabamun is the the next "TROPHY PIKE" lake.

Wabamun was a trophy pike lake long before C&R regs. My personal biggest pike (18lbs) came out of there ten years ago and I spotted one that had to be 25 once in the winter about 6 or 7 years ago. There was always lots of 10-15s in that lake too.

mooseknuckle
01-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Wabamun was a trophy pike lake long before C&R regs. My personal biggest pike (18lbs) came out of there ten years ago and I spotted one that had to be 25 once in the winter about 6 or 7 years ago. There was always lots of 10-15s in that lake too.

Agreed 100% we saw at least one doen the holes yesterday I'd be guessing but I'd say 20lbs and your right I think it has always been a great pike lake. But you'd have to admit with the current C&R it's only going to get better!!:wave:

Safety D
01-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Sylvan is DEAD !!!!

#1Hunter
01-16-2010, 03:45 PM
Little brother had a 5 pound pike in his hole yesterday morning just looked at his hook...

mooseknuckle
01-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Little brother had a 5 pound pike in his hole yesterday morning just looked at his hook...

:huh:... and...

StrayArc
01-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Never seen any pike this morning, jus seen and caught a few whites

the local angler
01-16-2010, 10:23 PM
myself and terry hit sylvan and we only had one hit on a tip up. it might have been a pike.