PDA

View Full Version : Best store of Ice fishing gear in Edmonton

jjstar
01-08-2010, 06:06 AM
Hello I am coming into Edmonton for the weekend and need a couple of new rods . who has the best selection so I don't have to keep looking at several places. looking for some med level for pike.

Thanks

conan
01-08-2010, 06:14 AM
Wholesale sports on Yellowhead trail and st albert trail will be the easiest for you to find comming from Cold lake. It has a very large selection of fishing hunting and camping. There is a brand Wholesale sports in south edmonton common 23 ave and calgary trail.

saltwater cowboy
01-08-2010, 06:19 AM
Hey jj, WSS south side has a pretty good selection, great new store. If you are still up for supper it will be Saturday night(16th) at the cabin. PM for details
Salty

Geezle
01-08-2010, 06:55 AM
Maybe I missed the rods at the new WSS in the South Common, but all I really saw there for ice rods was combos with reels. Only saw a couple rods on their own. The WSS in the West however has a whole rack with all kinds of ice rods, so if that's what you're looking for, that's the place to go. The Fishin' Hole also has a really good selection of rods :)

saltwater cowboy
01-08-2010, 07:30 AM
Hey Geezle, you may be right about the rods, I was looking at the ice fishing rods when i was there, not full length or rods alone:o
Salty

allenford
01-08-2010, 08:25 AM
If I were you, I d like to check out FishinHole at 91 Street and 51 Avenue.

I found that, for fishing gear, fishinhole has more choices and staffs there are way friendly than some other places.

Wolf Tracker
01-08-2010, 11:02 AM
fishing hole north side of yellowhead on 97st good selection and better service than wss

Geezle
01-08-2010, 06:11 PM
If I were you, I d like to check out FishinHole at 91 Street and 51 Avenue.

I found that, for fishing gear, fishinhole has more choices and staffs there are way friendly than some other places.

I'll put in another vote for that particular location of TFH...probably my favorite store for fishing gear...good selection and prices, and the staff there are awesome :)

thorne
01-08-2010, 07:12 PM
97th street finsin hole for me all the way....no BS, solid advice and, a very knowledgable Staff, Kerry, Brian and the guys know there stuff, and that kid who is the ultimate fishin electronics know-it-all...if its juiced up...he knows it. Well done guys keep it up!

Wulfespirit
01-08-2010, 07:23 PM
97th street finsin hole for me all the way....no BS, solid advice and, a very knowledgable Staff, Kerry, Brian and the guys know there stuff, and that kid who is the ultimate fishin electronics know-it-all...if its juiced up...he knows it. Well done guys keep it up!

X2 ... the guys at that particular location are pretty knowledgable and helpful.

lyallpeder
01-08-2010, 07:38 PM

X3

jjstar
01-08-2010, 07:55 PM
Thanks guys will be touring a couple stores just because I do not have the options I get up North. THinking 97th for start and will work my way south :wave:

Wulfespirit
01-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Thanks guys will be touring a couple stores just because I do not have the options I get up North. THinking 97th for start and will work my way south :wave:

Once you're done there, try the Fishing Center on 82 street just off the Yellowhead. Good group there too - and its only 5 mins from that particular Fishing Hole.

ICURNVS
01-09-2010, 01:13 AM
Bonnie at Wholesale sports in south edmonton common is by far the best sales person when in comes to fishing. She really knows what a fisher person needs!

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
01-09-2010, 01:39 AM
Id go with the fella's at the fishin hole , these guys are top notch willing to help with anything , from tip to the hottest lures . Pop into the Fishing hole 51 ave and 91 street then to the South common Wholesale sports hit up both places . May as well since your in the city .

lyallpeder
01-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Once you're done there, try the Fishing Center on 82 street just off the Yellowhead. Good group there too - and its only 5 mins from that particular Fishing Hole.

And B and A bakery is next door the best bakery in town

sems
01-11-2010, 05:05 PM
X4
The guys there sure know their stuff and have been a great help.

dave_ca
01-11-2010, 05:25 PM
WSS North is by far the best place i have found to find knowledgeable people. find the guys who have been there for a few years as some of the younger ones have no clue. the 3 regulars there are very good and have always givin me great advice and helped me out.

rustynailz
01-11-2010, 06:19 PM
I stopped in at TFH on 97th there a couple of years ago and was blown away at how great the service was.