PDA

View Full Version : Eskimo ice auger, Anyone have this issue

flygirrl
01-08-2010, 06:28 PM
:mad::mad: Purchased an Eskimo 8 inch auger late last spring. Used it last year aprox 8 times. This year used it twice and the third time the recoil assembly broke. I dont know if others have had problems with this unit but its very disapointing to have this happen. Ordered a new recoil assembly from Yemens but it takes 3 weeks to get here. We have jerry rigged it so we can start it with some effort but what a pain. So beware, and research what auger you are buying......:cry:

Joe Fehr
01-08-2010, 06:30 PM
From Costco? If it is take it back and exchange it ;)

flygirrl
01-08-2010, 06:31 PM
No unfortunatly from backcountry sports whom is now belly up...

WayneChristie
01-08-2010, 06:32 PM
its caused by lack of use. you need to get out ice fishing more often :evilgrin:

flygirrl
01-08-2010, 06:39 PM
its caused by lack of use. you need to get out ice fishing more often :evilgrin:

I will have you know YOUNG MAN that I fish therfore I am. :lol: Oh yes by the way I am now the proud owner of a Mustang survival suit. ( chicken####) ME.:tongue2:

WayneChristie
01-08-2010, 06:42 PM
well, you dont want your mustang to drown thats for sure ;) they are warm too, thats a good thing. Now you just need a good set of earplugs for the cracking ice!!!! (for your fishing partners ears so they dont have to listen to all your cursing) :lol::lol:

flygirrl
01-08-2010, 06:47 PM
Have lots of ear plugs as I bought a huge bag in case I get down to vist ya all. All that racket you make snoring is enough to scare the dead. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to karen. As for cursing, I try to swear in french than nobody understands. Except at cow Lake this evening when that @#$##@# drove out to were we where ( we walked on the ice ) to see how we were doing. Almost cast my treble hook at his back tire.... What a ride LOL

Fireman911
01-08-2010, 08:08 PM
I also have worries about this auger, which I too own. You can tell the recoil assembly is going to go soon, I may just order one now. I also took it to Slave Lake from Edmonton Newyears eve day when it was 30 below. Get there ready to drill and the gear oil in the housing is barely moving. It took me an hour to get that leg going.

Piker
01-08-2010, 09:10 PM
I have had a jiffy for about 20 yrs. and after uncountless holes works better than it ever did because I use synthetic oil now. Sharpened it once, never had a problem with the recoil starter. Started it today and on the first pull after priming it started. Great machine. Piker

Bryce
01-08-2010, 11:46 PM
I have an eskimo, 3 years old, has worked great for me, no problems at all. You can order parts right from the eskimo website. (geteskimo.com) They sent me a gas cap for free this year well past the warranty period. See what they will do for you.

Skinner
01-09-2010, 12:31 AM
One name. JIFFY

Sundancefisher
01-09-2010, 09:36 AM
One name. JIFFY

I have a Eskimo that is probably over 30 years old. Not used for the last 15...kinda scared to try and start it.

unclebuck
01-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Better name, Husqvarna, best name, Nils Master!!!!!

foxracing_23
01-10-2010, 03:33 PM
My recoil also broke, no parts anywhere in town either... I ordered two, one for back up. Luckily we had brought an extra auger seeing as we were fishing in northen sask.