PDA

View Full Version : Fin bore replacement blades?

RiverRat
01-08-2010, 08:13 PM
My buddy has an 8" fin bore and can't seem to find replacemnet blades. I had suggested crappy tire and wholesale sports and he says no dice. he asked me if fin bore power auger blades would work,I don't think so. Would any one have an Idea where he could go or if the power blades would work on his hand auger? He won't take my jiffy this sunday, so he needs blades.Any help would be nice.

Geezle
01-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Pretty sure I've seen them both at WSS and TFH here in Edmonton. Saw some auger blades at The Wal too, but not sure which types they carry.

ghostguy6
01-08-2010, 08:22 PM
WSS, Wal Mart, Cambodian Tire, The Fishing Hole all carry them, perhaps they were out at that perticualar location?

You could try Bass Pro Shop.

You may even be able use mora blades ( dont quote me on this though)

keljay
01-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Pretty sure I've seen them both at WSS and TFH here in Edmonton. Saw some auger blades at The Wal too, but not sure which types they carry.

I'm pretty sure that both Walmart and Canadian Tire carry Fin Bore blades. I know they do in Medicine Hat at least.

lone wolf
01-08-2010, 09:11 PM
If no dice they have them online at www.lebaron.ca (although it would take a few days to have them shipped out here).

lone wolf
01-08-2010, 09:15 PM
If no dice they have them online at www.lebaron.ca (although it would take a few days to have them shipped out here).

Link to catalogue page is http://www.lebaron.ca/pdf_files_fall09/ice%20fishing/normark_augers.pdf

RiverRat
01-09-2010, 11:06 AM
Hey thanks to all for the help,I will pass it on. I am sure that he will find some, if not i will make him take my jiffy for sunday.

Kevin C.
01-09-2010, 05:27 PM
I have a fin bore III 8" and seem to be having trouble finding them as well I did know about lebarons. I have heard that the strikemaster lazer 8'" blades will fit the fin bore III but havent been able to try this yet.

bunnyhunter
01-09-2010, 09:49 PM
I tried last year, I have an 8 inch fin bore III only fishin hole sold them, for almost half the price as a new auger. so i got a new auger.

good luck on that! standard sharpeners dont work bc of the blade's curve.

J