PDA

View Full Version : Stoney Lake

deerhunter
01-09-2010, 05:17 PM
My son is comming to see me this week end and wants to go ice fishing. I want to take him to Stoney. Any one been fishing there, If so are they biting?
Thanks

GummyMonster
01-10-2010, 03:42 PM
are you talking stoney lake near hines creek?
How old is your son? I live near Fairview so I might be able to find out about stoney at work tonight and will get back to you with some good spots.
Why I ask your sons age is I have three kids under 7 yrs and some lakes around here are much more kid freindly
Talk to you in the am.
:evilgrin:Ken:evilgrin:

J-C
01-10-2010, 09:18 PM
are you talking about the one by st. paul?

thefish
01-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Lots of small perch biting there. You might get the odd nicer perch (9-11 inch) but most of them are small (3-6 inch). Off the old campsite or the far end where there is a big bunch of spruce trees is where they are biting.

thefish
01-10-2010, 09:37 PM
That is the Stoney by St. Paul

Cletus from Elk Point
03-22-2011, 05:20 PM
I was just there this last weekend and the four of us came home with one pike to share between us. I caught two little perch but let them go. We had a lot of action on the tip-ups but nothing wanted to stay on the hook. There was alot of perch on the camera but not too much wanted to bite.

Pirate
03-23-2011, 01:47 PM
How old is your son? I live near Fairview so I might be able to find out about stoney at work tonight and will get back to you with some good spots.
Why I ask your sons age is I have three kids under 7 yrs and some lakes around here are much more kid freindly
Talk to you in the am.

I'm interested in that lake... Let me know...

Alberta Redneck
03-23-2011, 03:05 PM
Talk to you in the am.

The Stoney Lake you talk about here, i love this lake in both winter and summer for fishing. The fish are active and fun to catch in this lake.

Cletus from Elk Point
12-28-2011, 06:19 PM
My son is comming to see me this week end and wants to go ice fishing. I want to take him to Stoney. Any one been fishing there, If so are they biting?
Thanks

I am maybe going there this weekend or maybe St. Vincent not sure yet if anybody knows if the fish are hungry at any of the two lakes. Thanks

concretefisher
12-28-2011, 09:09 PM
I am maybe going there this weekend or maybe St. Vincent not sure yet if anybody knows if the fish are hungry at any of the two lakes. Thanks

hey cletus, freespiritlabradors and I are going to stoney on friday, and me and my friend(knows the lake well) will be going to vincent to see if the roumors are true

Cletus from Elk Point
12-28-2011, 11:17 PM
hey cletus, freespiritlabradors and I are going to stoney on friday, and me and my friend(knows the lake well) will be going to vincent to see if the roumors are true

Sounds good. Good luck.

Kim473
12-29-2011, 04:57 AM
Sounds good. Good luck.

Used to be a good lake.

If there not bitting there you may want to try chicken hill lake. It used to be really good but I havent been there in years.

Where did these names come from? Chicken hill???

If your from Elk point you may want to take a little drive and try Laulera lake east of Elk point. Dont think the spelling is right. Used to be a super great lake. Dont know what its like now tho. You got so many lakes to chose from i'm jealus. Too far away for me now.

concretefisher
12-29-2011, 08:48 AM
Sounds good. Good luck.

thanks, you too, hope to see you out there

Beeyatch
07-24-2012, 02:05 AM
I had a Burbot wash on shore by my campsite at stoney, never had luck catching any. But pike are good and my gosh perch are beyound easy to catch!! Even right off the dock :)