PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton Ice Auger Sharpening - Dom's Professional Tool Sharpening

Dylan
01-10-2010, 07:34 AM
Hey Y'all:

I just wanted to share a great customer service experience I've had with having my auger blades sharpened. Last year I started going to a little family owned shop called "Dom's Professional Tool Sharpening" in Edmonton. I want to give this guy a quick plug because I'm really happy with the level of service and the quality of the work he does.

In chatting with him last week he was mentioning how slow biz has been lately, and I thought I'd let anyone who's looking for a good sharpening to give this guy a shot. He's an older european guy who must be in his 70's or 80's and has a really quaint, little hole in the wall shop at 9653 - 62 Avenue NW in Edmonton.

He charges $5.50 to sharpen a pair of auger blades which I think is a heck of a deal and it's the best sharpening I've ever had. I'm the type of guy who likes to support small, family owned businesses whenever I can and am really pleased with his work.

I've got no relation or affinity to this guy other than being a very satisfied customer. I'd highly recommend him if you need any augers, axes, saw blades or any other cutting tools turned back into razors. This is exactly the type of business that is slowly being killed by the big-box megastores of the world, and it would be a real shame to see this guy close his doors.

Dom's Professional Tool Sharpening
780 438 9390
9653 - 62 Ave NW
Edmonton, AB

WayneChristie
01-10-2010, 07:37 AM
at almost 30 bucks for a new set of blades for my auger it sounds like a great deal, wish we had one of those around here .

mooseknuckle
01-10-2010, 07:52 AM
he's got my business:wave:

Dougie55
01-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Way cheaper than where I was going before. I will use him for sure, and maybe take my one axe and hatchet in.

mooseknuckle
01-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Way cheaper than where I was going before. I will use him for sure, and maybe take my one axe and hatchet in.

duuuuhhhhh I wasn't even thinking of that I have a couple of axes/hachets that are in horible shape. A guy could probably bring in a box of misc tools and such that could use a tune up.

Dylan
01-10-2010, 03:02 PM
You guys won't be disappointed. Great to see I'm not the only guy around still who appreciates the merits of supporting small businesses!

Cheers...dm

Dougie55
01-10-2010, 04:04 PM
No problem...Like to support small business, but am selfish as well...Need to get those back up tools sharpened up without my having to spend hours at filing..haha

mooseknuckle
01-10-2010, 04:23 PM
No problem...Like to support small business, but am selfish as well...Need to get those back up tools sharpened up without my having to spend hours at filing..haha

Yeah and it sounds like for the price leave it to the experts:wave:

Wulfespirit
01-10-2010, 06:47 PM
I'll bring him a couple of sets to do this week. Thanks for the tip.

kreator
01-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Are we talking Jiffy ripper blades or blades from a hand auger? Will he do both?

Next week I'll bring by all my augers, axes and chainsaws. Thanks for the tip.

Dougie55
01-10-2010, 07:07 PM
You may need a commission here guy...haha
Been to lazy to do the chainsaw blades..may take them in as well...